Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
I piled into airlines at the start of the whole Covid crash (I work at Ezy so follow airlines generally), and thought the value crash was overdone, and fundamentally the decent airlines would come good again. £35k between Ezy and Dart/Jet2. Cashed out on Friday with £72k so a very nice 2 months on furlough. I think they'll rise more in the medium term, but I've an house extension thats just started to pay for so cant keep the money invested too much longer and Fridays gains were too good to possibly miss. Crazy market.

Soldato
I piled into airlines at the start of the whole Covid crash (I work at Ezy so follow airlines generally), and thought the value crash was overdone, and fundamentally the decent airlines would come good again. £35k between Ezy and Dart/Jet2. Cashed out on Friday with £72k so a very nice 2 months on furlough. I think they'll rise more in the medium term, but I've an house extension thats just started to pay for so cant keep the money invested too much longer and Fridays gains were too good to possibly miss. Crazy market.

Nice one!

I plan on putting more into airlines on Monday (currently in IAG).

Ps. I hope you're back to work soon.

Soldato

Same. Bought IAG (BA) a few weeks ago when they announced layoffs. BA have a lot of very expensive crew in one segment of the business. They have a cheaper set of crew (mixed fleet) and seems to be pushing everyone into that bracket. I saw this as a good buy opportunity.

Associate
If IAG are up today from home that them bringing a legal challange against gov is a good thing... And hope for 'air bridges' then why are other airlines not up? Iv been looking to buy Wizzair for some time but felt I had missed the boat. Was expecting it up today same as IAG but its gone down a tad so Iv picked some up. May drop more later today so iv purchases 1/3rd of my pot and will pound cost average with 2 addional purchases later.

Also I dont understand why AstraZeneca approaching a US company for a possible merger would reduce their share price? Surly if they merge with another firm and become the biggest in the world thats a good thing?

Associate
I sold Lloyds, Barclays and IAG about 10 days ago. I feel stupid now!

And wow. Whats up with AA today?! A whole week of flat when everything was going up and now all of a sudden a big jump. I cant see any new news...

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, 20% above 12,300 i think.

20% for HRT
10% for BRT

Have skimmed a little off Barclays, Diagio, IAG, Marston's, EasyJet, JDW, AA and TUI.

First time I've actually pulled profits from my shares. Not sure if too early but decided to pull those that were at least +30%. Slow and steady for me, not looking for insta-glory.

Soldato
Typical, 4 stocks on my Watchlist all completely exploded this morning :rolleyes::p

Got in on Rolls Royce on Thursday which is up circa 15% at the time of writing today. Also still in on AA. Got back in on LLOY having taken profits last Friday as the momentum seems to still be there.

Soldato
Portfolio ATH during a pandemic leading to a depression? Makes sense. I am about to buy a new house too! Hoorah.

(It's all a house of cards, some people are going to lose their shirt. I may end up being one of them! :rolleyes:)

Associate
I took some dives and lost at all times.

I took a dive in IAG earlier on and it started to drop so sold out. Tried Aviva, Lloyds, Legal and General they all tanked as I was always buying in the green.

Made some recovery on Gnus hype but nothing to talk home about.

In it deep again with IAG and Legal and General. Think I need to bail out, feel luck plays a part of it which I do not have.

Soldato
You won't be the only one, but people only shout about their winners! To be honest, your picks weren't bad in my opinion - for investment, not trading though.

Associate
I took some dives and lost at all times.

I took a dive in IAG earlier on and it started to drop so sold out. Tried Aviva, Lloyds, Legal and General they all tanked as I was always buying in the green.

Made some recovery on Gnus hype but nothing to talk home about.

In it deep again with IAG and Legal and General. Think I need to bail out, feel luck plays a part of it which I do not have.

Like I said earlier - I sold Lloyds, Barclays and IAG about 10 days ago. I feel stupid now!

Soldato
I'm currently back to £93k on my 212 virtual account, my bets against the pound and dollar are going the wrong way.

I still think that, long term, I'll make money when some bad news causes a huge movement.

Soldato
A question that possibly has a simple answer.

How come when you look at the trades going through for many companies you see shares being bought or sold in tiny increments of one, two, three, etc. Who places such trades? If automatic what's the purpose of them?

Soldato
Morning all,

10 days ago I bought into NWL (Newel brands) the only reason I did this, was due to one product they are manufacturing , the auto foam hand dispenser. I’ve been buying them up for my company as I’m selling a new product which uses them.

Companies selling these have tripled the price of them, and they are still sold out.

I took a punt on this as a total gamble, and it’s increased 32% since. I can’t find any info to explain why the uptrend.

Have any of you heard or read anything that might explain it?

Soldato
IAG and Easy down hard the last 6 hours of trading

I didn't take a paper gain of 40% on IAG, that's literally now to 20% (greed was aiming for 50%). Easy also down since I brought in, that's one for the long haul now.

To be fair, they were always a long hold for me, however it would have been great to get out early and buy more :D

The fun of this yo yo market.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom