Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Nvidia still doing well. A surprising number of announcements in the AI field since the ARM acquisition. But I still wonder how much of it will actually become reality rather than just joint venture news pieces. I'm holding for now whilst it rises.

Soldato
Not sure I would gamble on Cineworld to be honest. Now Greatland Gold on the other hand, lets wait and see what the results are in December.

Stuck a small bet (6500 shares) on CINE this morning (GMT-4). The thinking was that it was already rising, along with a few other stocks. The US markets were due to open up, and that usually gives nice boost. Not sure I will be holding for too long.

Soldato
I can't see cinemas surviving this pandemic. Why would anyone want to risk their life or those of their loved ones by spending 2 hours or more inside a dark room with strangers? It doesn't stack up.

Even if a vaccine were found and proven in the next year, it would have to be resistant to mutations and proven to work effectively beyond 2, 3, 4 or 5 years... who knows. Either way, whilst people have access to home broadband and movies on tap, I can only see cinemas failing.

Caporegime
I can't see cinemas surviving this pandemic. Why would anyone want to risk their life or those of their loved ones by spending 2 hours or more inside a dark room with strangers? It doesn't stack up.

Even if a vaccine were found and proven in the next year, it would have to be resistant to mutations and proven to work effectively beyond 2, 3, 4 or 5 years... who knows. Either way, whilst people have access to home broadband and movies on tap, I can only see cinemas failing.

Id still absolutely go if a film was worth seeing. But I'm not high risk

Man of Honour

I find it frustrating not that I'm a fan of cinemas - it is an activity that can be done with low risk if appropriately setup and with the appropriate venue - sure that does have the issues that the logistics and cost might be beyond commercial feasibility in the short term for many of the existing businesses, managing things like the way people get to and from the venue also needs organisation which is really a higher level than the cinemas themselves - but there is a large benefit to society to making this work and it is possible with top down support and organisation.

Instead we have an irresponsible sound bite from Boris which is likely at best to cause confusion and the break down of effective management of the wider situation.

Soldato
Randomly. Easyjet up again. No idea why.
Makes no sense to me

Long way to go on airlines, I'm in with both EZY and IAG. I knew it would bounce, but I just couldn't justify more risk, especially given the rights issue I did with IAG.

I also see that some of the UK banks have risen, NatWest up about 20% (all the AML news) since 22/09 - hopefully some of you got on board.

Caporegime
I don't get it.

EZJ up 6pc today
And CINE up by 5pc

I just can't wrap my head around it.
I bought some ezj at 490 and fully expected it to go down this week. And cine doesn't seem in great shape at all

Soldato
Probably people buying them causing more people to buy them, chances are both are going to bounce back so people want to get in cheap, this increases demand, prices go up, that not how it works..

Caporegime
Probably people buying them causing more people to buy them, chances are both are going to bounce back so people want to get in cheap, this increases demand, prices go up, that not how it works..

These games I'm used to in BTC (which is actually incredibly stable at the moment)

But seeing these swings in stocks for big companies, not penny shares just makes me think its gambling even more

Caporegime
Possibly, plenty of people looking at stocks and shares hoping to make a quick buck post-The Rona..

Trying to accumulate long term holds myself.trying to top dable in the likes of CINE. As its too day trader for me.

EZJ is a bit of a gamble. But I don't think it'll go bust.
AV is my main hold.

Its taking a while to build up stocks again after first house purchase

Soldato
If anything i'd say CINE was a long term hold, but can see how you could make money trading the swings if needed.

My order still hasn't hit, so will just leave it sat there for the time being.

I'm similar to you, house purchase and then subsequent work/changes have wiped everything out. I'm glad to be starting to build a small pot again.

I'm tempted by some banks as long term holds. Given all the government hand outs i think they're probably being over prudent in some of their provisions for bad debts.

Caporegime
If anything i'd say CINE was a long term hold, but can see how you could make money trading the swings if needed.

My order still hasn't hit, so will just leave it sat there for the time being.

I'm similar to you, house purchase and then subsequent work/changes have wiped everything out. I'm glad to be starting to build a small pot again.

I'm tempted by some banks as long term holds. Given all the government hand outs i think they're probably being over prudent in some of their provisions for bad debts.

I wish I had more to put in right now. The opportunities right now are great.

Big companies who look relatively safe oversold.

EZJ at 9 percent up today. So odd, but great!

Soldato
I would guess RR over EZJ long term because they can use that technology anywhere but EZJ might have the better margins and RR requires a lot of capital investment and their whole development schedule just got blown up by this disruption which might make them less agile or slower to recover.

Premier Oil and Chrysaor to merge

The companies plan to create ‘the largest independent oil and gas company on the London Stock Exchange’, focused on the North Sea

Premier Oil is to merge with larger rival Chrysaor in a deal that will reorganise its massive debt pile and leave shareholders with just 5.45pc of the enlarged company
Owch, I guess that solves the question of how they'd survive this with such low prices. Oil is going to rise in price over years no doubt because dollar is so incredibly weak and losing its value but with poor world growth its not a bullish story. Cheap oil benefits gold mine margins so I gain elsewhere I guess also unencumbers adds stability in a few countries which will be in trouble if inflation were to do silly stuff like triple the price somehow.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-54431556

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Well my first investment paid of big time on Boohoo, made me £6000, I then got back in at higher levels expecting amazing results and 400p, the results were amazing and the SP not so much so I held thinking just a retrace.

But closed today at 335p and I am now losing a grand on it, think tomorrow I shall be exiting Boohoo to protect what I made previously and look for a lower entry as I suspect it will no doubt open lower or drift lower than todays close.

Anyone else here invested in Boo, your thoughts?

Caporegime
Well my first investment paid of big time on Boohoo, made me £6000, I then got back in at higher levels expecting amazing results and 400p, the results were amazing and the SP not so much so I held thinking just a retrace.

But closed today at 335p and I am now losing a grand on it, think tomorrow I shall be exiting Boohoo to protect what I made previously and look for a lower entry as I suspect it will no doubt open lower or drift lower than todays close.

Anyone else here invested in Boo, your thoughts?

I missed the opportunity.
I think there are better opportunities at the price it is now

Soldato
I got in at 290p and have help throughout the rise and fall so still “in profit” as such.

My plan was to always hold for a while and I don’t see any issues in the future. Growth still seems very good given the acquisitions so I’m happy to continue holding rather than jumping in and out.

OcUK Staff
I got in at 290p and have help throughout the rise and fall so still “in profit” as such.

My plan was to always hold for a while and I don’t see any issues in the future. Growth still seems very good given the acquisitions so I’m happy to continue holding rather than jumping in and out.

Do agree it’s fundamentals are amazing and an acquisition must be on the cards soon but it seems to be followed by a crazy witch hunt and it’s SP is now at the levels before the investigation report came out on 25th and interim results on 30th and what worries me is the witch hunt will continue and it will end up back in the 200’s, otherwise I’d just turn off and see where it was in a couple of months but shorters, media and even MPs seem to be on a witch hunt.

See where it goes tomorrow but feel I can make better use of my money as am up nearly £10,000 now for past couple months being at this so close to CGT gains allowance and then I decide do I keep going or quit whilst ahead but was tempted to invest 20k in ISA in what I feel is best recovery shout as zero tax to pay on any profits in an ISA no matter how much you make.

Back
Top Bottom