Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

For the newbies, always be aware of “this time it’s different”, it never is. If you do fall for the FOMO then always take profits and get your original stake out ASAP.
would you not say this time it was different in that it went from what $4 to $470 in almost no time? that's quite a bit of profit there to be had compared to other gambles.

Associate
GSK down again today, been averaging down over today and yesterday. Still at a loss at the moment though, hoping they bounce back end of the year.
They will be splitting into two seperate companies next year so will be more agile and more focused.

Caporegime
looks like the hedgefunds are finally covering on the DIP

AMC/GME halted after mooning..

we could have won but there were too many paper hands GG

Soldato
They mainly make their money from the CFD side, I assume part of the logic is that if they can lure you onto their platform a certain percentage will go on to play with CFDs "Our platform is making money from its CFD business, where the main revenue comes from the spread and the interest swap."

https://helpcentre.trading212.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008682638-How-does-Trading-212-make-money-

Their spread isn't really much different than IB, IG, HL. Way back in the thread I compared prices on them.
The money seemed to be mostly made in CFD but then they screwed that up as they probably made huge losses on things like Tesla, Nio, etc.. and limited people to 0 CFDs in popular companies. I once also saw a $30 on McDonalds WTF?

Thanks, chaps, I stand corrected. :)

GME is doing well since open.

Caporegime

62mil volume in 40minutes on AMC, I think most the hedgefunds just covered, we didn't hold the line high enough cos paper hands

hedge funds likely realised amc before pump was around 5, before pump they had bankruptcy risk
so around 7 is probably the floor and as low as it would ever go

Caporegime
62 mil traded and it just goes up 7%? seems pathetic of an increase to me
well if people are selling instead of holding it happens.
its now 74mil volume, public float is 56m according to market watch

we were supposed to hold as the price mooned and force them to pay high prices.

ahh well I bailed at about 10% profit after only buying yesterday cos I thought like 7 was as low as the stock can go before it's seen as value

the volume on AMC looks like it's already over, maybe others need to cover still in the coming days, but I'm not risking it

GME at 97% vs avg volume as well in less than an hour, it's likely still shorted though when thats only 30mil shares and the stock was over 100% shorted at one time

Last edited:
Caporegime

But that's always going to happen. People generally follow the same patterns

40 percent up at present.
Following a text book pattern isn't it.
All the time people will be exiting at lows, getting in on bounces and leaving at a lower low.

Caporegime
Away from gme

Had some interesting positive news from someone who works in care homes on some first hand vaccine progress. Very very positive.

If the vaccine keeps making these in roads and mutations etc don't get in the way, recovery will soon be getting priced in further.

Feeling a tad more confident over my cine buy

Soldato
Away from gme

Had some interesting positive news from someone who works in care homes on some first hand vaccine progress. Very very positive.

If the vaccine keeps making these in roads and mutations etc don't get in the way, recovery will soon be getting priced in further.

Feeling a tad more confident over my cine buy

I looked into Cineworld in early Jan but decided that the price had increased too much and I had concerns over bankruptcy. But now we're on the way out of it, and they're still around, if you bought low, you can't not make a good bit of a profit when they open doors again

Soldato
Got hopeful for a second then. Logged onto my Fidelity and it showed a huge profit on RR and a current price of 107.90. Not sure why as it's not gone about 95p all day.

Also seems HYVE has made a good jump today. Only down a few % now after being down 20% the other day.

Soldato

I think they have sorted themselves out. My more stable shares that were pulled down as the institutional investors were covering their positions have now gone back up to where they were. I hope this is a lesson for those that piled in GME whether you invested or just observed. I was a little unnerved when a lot of people who had not invested in shares before were suddenly piling in. There is a lot to learn about the market and it is definitely not something to be rushed. The market goes through cycles and we have had a very long bull run. I think the last thing I would be doing right now is piling in to anything.

Back
Top Bottom