Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Location + sig + post =

30300-goldmember_austin_powers_gold.jpg

(Seriously, I'm just massively jealous. I'll be lucky to get out with my investment capital at this rate! :D)

Soldato
Yes bad news there, no idea why BHP pulled out. This is why it's always wise to top slice when you get the chance.

i am still in it :(

they sold out because they were only ever interested in the northern field FOGL had. apparently they were always going to.

they now leave FOGL to prospect the south on its own.

Associate
You sold too early mate, GGG up another 10% today, you may have been wise to top slice only leaving you with a completely risk free investment. Doesn't matter what the sp does after that and can buy more on dips if they occur. Mine will be held for years in my SIPP for a nice retirement :)

Associate
Probably been asked a few times in this thread but I don't really fancy trawling through all the pages.

As someone looking to start research and gain knowledge of the stock market, can anyone direct me to a starting point? Not looking to throw any money in at all, just want some years theory behind me before I start trading. But I'd like to start trading, when I feel ready.

Any recommended books/resources/articles etc would be great.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham,
Anthony Bolton Investing Against the Tide,
Peter Lynch One up on Wall Street
Jim Slater The Zulu Principle

Associate
Questor (telegraph investment tips) is usually an interesting read

iii forums have a lot of information (just bear in mind that the average poster on the forums sounds like they are about 12 - do not under any circumstances take any "tips" from them).

citywire is a good read

Reuters can be interesting

shareprice.co.uk is a great place to keep tabs on stocks that you are following and has a RSS feed

Back
Top Bottom