Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Its the div which is threatened I guess but no debts is also good. Bad news comes in threes but if its the same bad news repeated could be a buy

The stock, “is getting hit again and again for the same thing,” said Deepa Venkateswaran, an analyst in London at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.

“I would buy it. It’s getting extremely cheap,” Venkateswaran said about Centrica’s stock. With big investments needed to boost uptake of electric vehicles and smart meters “it’s not in the interest of the government to bankrupt the suppliers.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-energy-price-cap-action-in-blow-to-utilities

Soldato
Even though they'll continue to go up and down, it is nice to see all of my latest portfolio in the black. Standard Life Inv Global Smaller Companies doing the best, up 4.83% since 1st Sept.

Associate
If you are going to invest.....spend your time learning all about firstly economics (the basics at least) and then how to value companies and how the market values companies and while doing so save up some decent capital.....I personally dont see the point in investing £10 - £20 a month.....you might make 20-30p if you get it right at best and most brokers charge fees that are more than your monthly investment.

Either that or just buy £10 - £20 worth of bitcoin a month.

Associate
Some good reading in this thread.

Just signed up to a demo account with plus500 to see how I get on.

Wow, its going to big one big learning curve :D

EDIT: Does anyone recommend trading212?

Last edited:
Associate
Either that or just buy £10 - £20 worth of bitcoin a month.

To be honest I did look at epherium and bitcoin. Could you advise on another sites/app to do so? I have read the robinhood app is supposed to be good with no annual fees or cost to trade but its only available in the US and does lack a lot of information some of the more expensive apps / services offer.

Soldato
You normally have an option, especially with funds (there'll actually be two different funds). One option is accumulation (dividends are automatically reinvested), the other is a normal pay out and it'll just sit as a cash balance in your account.

Caporegime
You normally have an option, especially with funds (there'll actually be two different funds). One option is accumulation (dividends are automatically reinvested), the other is a normal pay out and it'll just sit as a cash balance in your account.
Ahh ok I have never seen that option, I have just bought stocks using my platform. I will contact them and ask.

Soldato
The information doesn't matter too much due to the fact you can access it on other sites.

The cheapest is usually Halifax where they have a few set days/month where they only charge £4 per trade. At only £10 a month though you need a 40% increase to even break even!

I'd open up an account and then put the money into a managed fund (you can research the one you want), from memory buying into a fund is free. Then once you have a decent pot you can start buying specific shares.

Associate
Been a while since I read this, but I recall seeing Vanguard 60% equity being recommended as a decent fund.
Or has the general consensus changed now and there are other options?

Also planning on putting a small amount into a Vanguard Emerging Markets fund. Like the idea of Asian stuff
-Immediately dumping if Korean War v2, obviously :p

Back
Top Bottom