Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
How much you made on it isn't really relevant to the point, the point was about risk etc.. and the issues with how tips like these are often presented - from the time you actually posted about it to now it was a big loss, whether you (retrospectively) state you'd actually invested far earlier and so have now somehow dodged that loss doesn't add anything, in fact, that's perhaps another issue with people posting these sort of tips... hyping up positons they're already in and have been for some time.

Only now you mention you were apparently invested in that stock for some time already and so it didn't matter to you in the end (I don't know if that's true or just some perceived need on your part to save face or something, if the latter it's rather unnecessary as stocks go up and down all the time, some investments will be losses) but the "tip" you gave was near the recent high and the stock subsequently fell which is rather more relevant as far as commentary on what has been posted is concerned (not whether you personally managed to make money behind the scenes).

Okay today I used the gains from that to buy KISTOS at £3.60

Already up to £3.70. I also took £2.5K and dumped it into crypto from that sale. I'll let you know when I sell KISTOS

Caporegime
I'm sure a week ago the "tip" was a 1-2 year hold (should double inside 3 months or something was quoted.)....but sold out 3 days after posting his "tip" - making a profit again without any loss. Amazing, another winner for PS, never had a looser yet in this thread. :p:p

It's still a good investment. I was thinking it was going to dip further and I'd rather lock in 20% now and re-buy when it's cheaper and starts to show upwards trend again. My friend who tippe dit has been holding it a long time and is till holding it right now

Soldato
Nothing to critique on trades, it could be right wrong random. Doesnt matter, trading anything can happen. People are frequently already sold by the time you read they buy, maybe because an order did it automatically.
Cant really copy someone elses homework but I'd glad people mention stuff for ideas.

Over time theres a better chance of the actual company dynamics being more in play. I reckon AAL is cheap, its ok if it falls in price anyhow & 'disappointing' news today seems weak demand is feared etc. so fair play it will.

FGP I owned ages ago, wasnt inspired they were a 'great' for holding. As a trade not sure
Price adjusted to the tender offer I guess

TGA target was 300 I think it has more volume there but its not near now so look again when it is perhaps

RDSB.L 1,737.80 -30.20 -1.71% : Royal Dutch Shell plc - Yahoo Finance

Caporegime
Okay today I used the gains from that to buy KISTOS at £3.60

Already up to £3.70. I also took £2.5K and dumped it into crypto from that sale. I'll let you know when I sell KISTOS

Why though? I'm not interested in when you personally sell KISTOS, my point has nothing to do with the specifics of your individual trades but the way that these tips have been presented - I don't quite get why you're not following that or why you think whether you've personally made money or not is relevant here - is it an ego thing?

Caporegime
Why though? I'm not interested in when you personally sell KISTOS, my point has nothing to do with the specifics of your individual trades but the way that these tips have been presented - I don't quite get why you're not following that or why you think whether you've personally made money or not is relevant here - is it an ego thing?

I changed my position on it because of bad press and the train situation. It's still a good investment. I will go back into it when I think it's going to start moving up again. I buy and sell to play the swings. I've told you my latest buy on KISTOS so then when I sell I can see exactly how much I made and then when it dips I'll re-buy.

Soldato
I was holding Ford a quite a while. Last earnings it barely moved. In the end I decided the capital was better employed elsewhere.

If their electric F150 turns out any good, they will be onto a winner.

This is what makes me wonder about Tesla. I think it will be able to scale up to 2.5m vehicles a year, but Americans love the F150 it's been the best selling vehicle in the US for something like 15 years, then are the various GM vehicles. Europeans love their Golfs, Clios, and Fiestas. Neither are going change. So that leaves Tesla in the about the position of Merc or BMW.

Soldato
I was holding Ford a quite a while. Last earnings it barely moved. In the end I decided the capital was better employed elsewhere.

If their electric F150 turns out any good, they will be onto a winner.

This is what makes me wonder about Tesla. I think it will be able to scale up to 2.5m vehicles a year, but Americans love the F150 it's been the best selling vehicle in the US for something like 15 years, then are the various GM vehicles. Europeans love their Golfs, Clios, and Fiestas. Neither are going change. So that leaves Tesla in the about the position of Merc or BMW.
It's cliche at this point, but Tesla isn't just a car company.

Soldato
It's cliche at this point, but Tesla isn't just a car company.

So people say, except until it's actually making a profit from other activities it is.

Other companies have AI driving, and Panasonic supplies batteries and works with Tesla designing energy systems.

Of course they have their solar but no-one is valuing Tesla on that.

I'm expecting big things in the future, but at the moment it's not making large profits elsewhere. Perhaps in 5 years it'll have more licensing agreements agreements for it's tech, ridesharing will be more popular, but for now it's cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
VW seem well.positioned in the above regard - their MEB(?) platform looks like it is going to be used as a base by a whole load of other manufacturers (obviously all of the other VW owned brands but also others including Ford I think)

Soldato
New semiconductor company listing today, globalfoundaries. What do you think?

https://www.barrons.com/articles/chip-maker-globalfoundries-ipo-51635381435

They are ex-AMD I think. Seems like all these companies are in demand but TSMC is the leader and the one I hold most of for years now. TSMC is setting up in Arizona but is probably cheap because its potentially disrupted by China worries.

Not sure if anyone is keeping an eye out but Volvo are floating on the Stockholm exchange tomorrow.

I think a lot of people are piling into cars. Even Ford have gone up ~12% today

I wonder if TSLA value could distribute across all of the car makers as they catch up with using electric, hydrogen or whatever. Surely at some point all the valuations equalise, FORD makes more in profits then TSLA has in revenue think I read.
I know growth has a premium to it but cutting edge doesnt exist singularly forever, eventually its about a sector investment consideration vs other sectors etc.

USA has enough natural gas waiting in deposits not to use any oil, it burns clean enough the fumes are same as your cooker. If they had to it can be used in cities, I reckon thats an obvious direction but no excuse to think that now maybe if the dollar collapses, dxy below 90 to watch Im told.

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely TSLA will come crashing down, it's had two bear markets this year already, in January and April. I've read it's true valuation is around 610. I guess the shorters will be chomping at the bit. What are your strategies, ride the wave as long as possible, if it does crash at what point will you sell or short, after a 10% drop for example?

Back
Top Bottom