US: True Detective

Soldato
Watched this last night and thought it was very good, some top notch acting, McConaughey is hardly recognisable.

Definitely the best new show around, cannot wait for the next episode.

Associate
First two episodes have been brilliant. Finding it hard to get in to shows lately but this has me wanting more! Watched both episodes back to back last night! McConaughey/Harrelson are both great.

Permabanned
I am not usually a fan of copy shows but this stands out. I was a bit confused with the first episode as to what was going on. But it seems now that they are being interviewed about an old case that they did 5 years in the past and the show starts with them being 5 years in the past. Is that right?

Soldato
The murder case with the hooker wearing antlers occurred in 1995, the interviews with the internal affairs type detectives are 17 years after that. The missing girl case happened five years prior to the murder, so 1990.

Soldato
I rarely say this but I just can't wait to see the next episodes. Word of advice, there are hidden clues and hints hidden in plain sight, it's worth watching each episode a second time to pick them up.

Associate
Really enjoying this.

The acting and setting are superb. The interviews interlaced with the story works so well as the actors can deliver their monologues brilliantly.

Back
Top Bottom