US: True Detective

Soldato
Great start felt more like s1 and the acting so far has been amazing, got to hand it to the props and makeup for making Ali look so good when old and I wasn't expecting the dementia twist at the end that's going to make for an interesting perspective as we continue.

Soldato
Really impressed with episode 1, definitely back to the feel of the first series which in my opinion was far superior to season 2 (which I did still like). Hope it continues in this vein!

Soldato
I've got two episodes ready to watch, but i thought it was airing as a complete season, so somewhat disappointed.
Yeah I’m not a fan of waiting a week an episode these days either. I thought I’d read somewhere it was going to be an ‘all at once’ style release :(

Really enjoying it so far though. Great acting, though almost disappointed that

the girl wasn’t killed too, guessing it might not be a serial killer plot and maybe more of dodgy ring of guys as suggested by the documentary people, but we shall see...

Soldato
watched the first two eps... I'm assuming we don't need spoilers... so if you've not seen them, stop here.

Interesting with the three timelines, although at this point, in the 2015 timeline do we assume it was unsolved? He seems quite a mess mentally, so I assume it could be solved in 1990 and he just doesn't remember it in 2015? **EDIT** Oh no, I remember the TV woman talking about the theory websites, so I guess it's not solved. Surely he's in no state in 2015 to solve it? Interested to see how this pans out.

Associate
Up to date with episodes though struggling to enjoy.

I can respect the slow burn pace but this is zimmer frame slow..... as each episode concludes I'm looking at my watch thinking oh god its coming to the end again and nothing much has happened!. So far not a patch on season 1 imo

Soldato
Season 1 was also very slow, I think people are forgetting that. My only complaint about S3 is that I struggle to understand Mahershala Ali at times, the combination of the accent and his habit of mumbling a bit mean I have to really pay attention so that I don't miss what he's saying sometimes.

Soldato
Doesn't feel that slow burn to me, well only if you want to know what happened to the girl. But the girl is not the whole story, the 3 time frames are telling you a whole other story about how those connected to the case were affected.

Really enjoying it and I'm pretty sure there have been clues staring us in the face, I have my own theory what went on but I don't want to spoil.

Soldato
Doesn't feel that slow burn to me, well only if you want to know what happened to the girl. But the girl is not the whole story, the 3 time frames are telling you a whole other story about how those connected to the case were affected.

Really enjoying it and I'm pretty sure there have been clues staring us in the face, I have my own theory what went on but I don't want to spoil.

Somebody on /TV/ actually posted a huge collage of images lifted from this season that included photographs, certificates mounted on walls, books on shelves and other things that show there's something linking everything together.

Associate
That was an incredible episode. The story is unfolding nicely. Little pieces of the puzzle being revealed bit by bit. I wonder if there will be any surprising reveals in the finale?

Back
Top Bottom