** TRULY INSALE DEALS ON GTX 780Ti & GTX 770!! **

Associate
Just want to bring this to everyone's attention -

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_x_review,24.html

Straight from the GURU3D review of a Titan X with 12GB of Memory.

Look at the 4K bench scores.

Most importantly look at where the original Titan is with 6GB of memory to where the 780Ti is. 780Ti with 3GB beating Titan with 6GB at 4K resolution. The Titan X is hardly hitting the game out of the park with it's 12GB of Memory either!

I'll say it again... you do not need large amounts of Graphics memory for a game to be perfectly playable even at 4K resolutions. It's a Myth!

Yes there is one game Shadows of Morder with a super high res texture pack.

The current reality is that all games are playable at 4K with 3GB of memory on a GPU. Anyone who says otherwise is being liberal with the Truth.

You may have to sacrifice some AA but serious if you need MSAA at 4K resolutions then you have far better eyesight than me! FXAA does not require additional memory as this is shader based and most new games use FXAA because it costs less frames for more or less the same result.

So folks.. if you want a 780Ti don't be put off by the 3GB of Memory.

Soldato
Caved in and bought GTX 780Ti !! :D

Benchmarks indicate 780Ti would provide double the performance over my current 7950 and I only game at 1080p (60Hz). :cool:

I have been with AMD for almost 5 years now and before 7950, I was using 5850. I have had great gaming experience with AMD cards but now want to try Nvidia. Plus the 780Ti deal has fit perfectly with my max budget of £250.00 :)

My each subsequent gpu purchase has provided me with twice the performance and I am sure GTA5 would run very well on my 780Ti.

Nice one Gibbo!! :D

Associate
Just want to bring this to everyone's attention -

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_x_review,24.html

Straight from the GURU3D review of a Titan X with 12GB of Memory.

Look at the 4K bench scores.

Most importantly look at where the original Titan is with 6GB of memory to where the 780Ti is. 780Ti with 3GB beating Titan with 6GB at 4K resolution. The Titan X is hardly hitting the game out of the park with it's 12GB of Memory either!

I'll say it again... you do not need large amounts of Graphics memory for a game to be perfectly playable even at 4K resolutions. It's a Myth!

Yes there is one game Shadows of Morder with a super high res texture pack.

The current reality is that all games are playable at 4K with 3GB of memory on a GPU. Anyone who says otherwise is being liberal with the Truth.

You may have to sacrifice some AA but serious if you need MSAA at 4K resolutions then you have far better eyesight than me! FXAA does not require additional memory as this is shader based and most new games use FXAA because it costs less frames for more or less the same result.

So folks.. if you want a 780Ti don't be put off by the 3GB of Memory.
While that is true I doubt it is the only game and that is average frames so there can still be areas where it could suffer (high density fights). It's a great card so I think it's nice you've managed to provide some evidence that debunks some of the scare mongering but the problem can still be whether it's future proof. Something tells me with us being on 2 / 3 gb for a while that it won't be too long before there's a few more games pushing this. If people don't mind having a few holes here and there in the strive for max settings and don't mind it being a 'here and now' card rather than one that is definitely not going to struggle in a year or two's time (even if only on a few games) then that is still there choice. I personally prefer to try and make sure I don't miss a good experience on any games I would really like so for me it's a good card but I'm happy to wait a little longer but your post is very enlightening for others I imagine.

Associate
It was mentioned in the other thread. They are made by PC partner.

That means they could be from - Zotac, Manli, Inno3D

They will all have reference coolers and be made with the same parts. In other words the only difference will be the name on the box and possible warranty I guess.

Zotacs being 5 years now.

Soldato
I was really hoping to have the Ti for GTA5 launch. Sticking to my guns with it over the 970 and will just wait a few days :)

Tough call, but if it was my money, I'd be all over the OCUK 970 on offer at £290 TWO. Extra 1/2GB of good memory :)D), runs cooler, uses less power, and overclocks like a demon.

Oh, and comes with The Witcher 3 thrown in!

Associate
Well requested my 780ti preorder be cancelled
I know getting them this friday was a long shot but cannot wait any longer, can only play minesweeper so much on my 4600hd
Will buy something else, but what i do not know
I know the 970 is the sensible choice, but need an ssd for my steam games, so for under £300 i need to get a 250gb ssd and also my graphic card.

I also know deep down i will not use the full capacity of the card, so then i lean towards the 770 again but then worry about drivers
Then there is the 960, but is that good value?
And got zero interest in amd (sorry those people who like amd, i just prefer nvidia)

Last edited:
Associate
Well took the plunge on the 780ti this morning :) a worthy upgrade from the 280x.The last couple of mega gpu deals i missed out on last one being the 290x lightning but not this time.Playing the old waiting game now.

Associate
i been so close to canceling mine over the last few days! really hard to choose between the 780/970 gtx

I hear you Romper. Usually it is a clear choice, but i think i must have read every review on the Internet at this stage:p

I am leaning towards the OcUK reference 970 slightly now. I will sleep on it and make a final decision in the morning

Back
Top Bottom