trying to decide, R6, CBR 600 or gsxr 600

Caporegime
so now money is coming through from insurance, I'm trying to decide between the above three bikes, old bike was a CBR 600 fs.

second hand and budget is around 3k so looking around the 2001-2004. range (though the 2006 r6 looks gorgeous but is a but out price wise and I've heard is very small, really need to get to a dealers and sit on them all a bit.)

anyone hand more than one of the above and like to comment on good/bad points?

Soldato
2006 r6 are around the 4k. Don't rule out an earlier one though. They don't look as modern but they still look great, are a bit bigger so more comfortable and they have far more grunt in the midrange. They are regarded as prob the greatest 600 sportsports bikes for the road.

Caporegime
OP
I did indeed forget the zxr6 (although I can never remember the difference between the zzr and the zxr, if anyone can care to explain)

I'm not ruling out an older r6 that's currently my.favourite.

the problem with this selection is there's.very little.between them all, but the advantage is that you cant really go massively wrong.

how's the build quality on the others I know the CBR is built like a ****ing tank.

don't quite fancy a 750 or the insurance for it ATM:p maybe next bike :p

Associate
I owned a 2004 R6, try to find an 05 model with USD forks, radial brakes etc..

Cracking bike, pop a power commander on it & can.

Very easy, forgiving bike to ride, not as focused as the newer stuff.

Get the revs to 10k and you really don't need owt else.

Keep the electrics in good shape over the winter mind!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If you can find one in budget, Daytona 675 :D

looked for one, couldn't find or i'd have it in a shot :p

I got my C1H which is much more refined for the road for £3.5k with 10k miles.

This bargain has popped up at £4k if you could stretch. http://www.ninjauk.com/index/showth...-636cc-C1H-56-Plate-Loads-of-extras-£3999-ono

that looks gorgeous :o

annoyingly im still waiting on the personal injury money so haven't got 4k to hand atm :(

could gamble my overdraft on it though, not sure how i'd cope with the short levers, might have to swap em for extendable, i'm strange in thati do two finger brake, but i o use my middle two fingers rather than middle and index :/ (also i;d change em to gun metal/titanium colour than gold :p)

I do not know why for the life of me.

that is a lot of extras :o i;'d be ******** it of dropping it, my plan was to buy new bike, stick chinease fairings on and race rails and save the oem one for sale time :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
is that the old inline 4 one?

how does it compare to the tohers of the same age do you know?

Also whats the mai nreason for people recomending the ninja over the r6 or the cbr? is it just the better midrange power?

Associate
I would try and stretch to a 636 also, but the K4 GSXR 600 is a solid bike also.

I had one, the best looking out of all the bikes here too imo, the kawa's finish looks really plasticy and appears as if the fairings were poured into a jelly mould. The GSXR is still quite modern looking and angular.

gsxr600.jpg

Day I picked it up :)

Back
Top Bottom