advanced cpu features all disabled except multi threading
qpi link speed x36
set bclk freq to 200mhz
memory ratio x6
uncore freq x13
cpu core 1.4000v
qpi/vti 1.515v
qpi pll to auto

once stable i think you might want to try lowering voltages and keep testing to see if stable hope this helps you. I did 27 mins prime95 stable but then went to bed so will test longer time today.

Soldato
1.515v Vtt and 1.4v Vcore?!?!

This is way to much mate, remember that Gigabyte 4GHz guide was written for C0 stepping i920's, you shouldn't need that kinda voltages for a D0.

Also another thing to remember when o/cing is that using to much voltage can also cause instability.

It's all about finding the right balance between each voltage for your specific chip.

For instance, I tried for ages to get my 4.2GHz o/c stable, I had Vcore at 1.35v and Vtt was at 1.415v, and it would BSOD as soon as I started Prime or LinX, so after playing around for about 4 days trying to get it stable, I finally managed to get it sorted by lowering Vtt to 1.255v and Vcore at 1.2915v.

Remember that the other voltages can help stabilize your o/c to, for my 4GHz clock, I have Vcore set to 1.275v, 1.215v Vtt, 1.140v QPI PLL, 1.140v IOH Core, 1.300v CPU PLL, and VDimm at 1.66v.

As suggested by someone else, you can try setting CPU Clock Skew to 100ps.

What kinda temps are you hitting with those voltages you are using?

I am guessing that they are pretty high, which cooler are you using also?

Associate
But DavyBoy, if you have never had to manually overclock a PC before it can be a bit daunting to have to do this and risk loosing/damaging hardware you have paid a lot for...

I myself am quite disappointed that after I paid a respectable company to overclock my bundle, I have to still sit several hours I did not bargain for playing around with settings I know nothing about to try and get a stable overclock...

If I was told this before I would not have paid ocuk to overclock my bundle. After several days of trying different profiles sent to me by ocuk I still can't get a stable 4ghz. I have had more support from the users on the forum than the support guys. I have now resorted to using easy tune 6 and getting a laughable 3.4ghz...

I have now asked on my post below on how to get either new components or my money back...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18056058

Soldato
OP
1.515v Vtt and 1.4v Vcore?!?!

This is way to much mate, remember that Gigabyte 4GHz guide was written for C0 stepping i920's, you shouldn't need that kinda voltages for a D0.

Also another thing to remember when o/cing is that using to much voltage can also cause instability.

It's all about finding the right balance between each voltage for your specific chip.

For instance, I tried for ages to get my 4.2GHz o/c stable, I had Vcore at 1.35v and Vtt was at 1.415v, and it would BSOD as soon as I started Prime or LinX, so after playing around for about 4 days trying to get it stable, I finally managed to get it sorted by lowering Vtt to 1.255v and Vcore at 1.2915v.

Remember that the other voltages can help stabilize your o/c to, for my 4GHz clock, I have Vcore set to 1.275v, 1.215v Vtt, 1.140v QPI PLL, 1.140v IOH Core, 1.300v CPU PLL, and VDimm at 1.66v.

As suggested by someone else, you can try setting CPU Clock Skew to 100ps.

What kinda temps are you hitting with those voltages you are using?

I am guessing that they are pretty high, which cooler are you using also?

I was getting 77c on full load in prime95.

Soldato
Since lowering my volts i have now got 62c on full load at 4gz.

What voltages you using now?

When I get back to Glasgow on Tues night, I need to sit and lower my volts, as I just bumped them up to hit the overclock.

Would be interesting to see how far you were able to lower you volts by chippy.

Post them all here if you can please mate, and we can compare =)

Soldato
OP
What voltages you using now?

When I get back to Glasgow on Tues night, I need to sit and lower my volts, as I just bumped them up to hit the overclock.

Would be interesting to see how far you were able to lower you volts by chippy.

Post them all here if you can please mate, and we can compare =)

Cpu core 1.275v
qpi/vtt 1.215v
ioh core 1.100v
dram 1.600v

Soldato
OP
Same amounts of Vcore and Vtt that I use.. Although I have DRAM at 1.66v, and IOH Core at 1.140v.

62c is really low temps for 4GHz o/c I must say.. some of the lowest I have seen for people with the H50..

What are you using to monitor temps?

I havent finished playing yet as i dont have much time but i do keep checking 3d advantage to see whats the best score i can get.

Back
Top Bottom