trying to get steady 4ghz

Permabanned
I do not think it has to pass every single test to be deemed stable. Not in my book anyway.
If you can get a good prime95 and OCCT result out of it that is a good start.
Try Intel burn test Standard 10 passes , and Maximum 5 passes. Worth a shot.

I am guessing the next step from this would be memtest4 again. You are having a rough time of late lettuce. Hang in there buddy.

McT

Last edited:
Associate
I do not think it has to pass every single test to be deemed stable. Not in my book anyway.
If you can get a good prime95 and OCCT result out of it that is a good start.
Try Intel burn test Standard 10 passes , and Maximum 5 passes. Worth a shot.

I am guessing the next step from this would be memtest4 again. You are having a rough time of late lettuce. Hang in there buddy.

McT

Tell me about it, my last build (Abit IP35-Pro, Q6600, Geil 4GB Memory) was sooo easy, got it to 3.4ghz no probs or any issues what so ever once i had the voltages down, but this i7 setup is becoming a ball ache!!! If i select just 2-3 GB of memory in LinX it passes fine, its just if i select all it fails and its as soon as it lists the first pass in LinX it fails too!. Would that point to a faulty stick of memory?

Associate
Ok just ran memtest, and got shed load of errors:

dscf4838r.jpg

When i took that picture the errors where still going up, i dont know much about memtest but looking at that pic, does it mean 2 of the sticks of ram have errors??

Also i have dl the latest memtest but for some reason memtest3.5 doesnt work gets to 7% and just locks up, i have to reset, put if i select the previous version (3.4) it runs fine, but as u can see from the pic 3.4 doesnt give correct info about my system where 3.5 does, any ideas?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hi Lettuce ,

Man , two errors right at the end. Damn. :(

From my understanding if errors are incurred in any level then you have the right to RMA it mate. I personally have been lucky and every time run i've been ok. Even with my ram problems too.

Id wait to see what the others say who have RMA'ed memory before just for reassurance.

Really sorry to see these continuous problems your experiencing. Hang in there though , once you get a good batch you'll be able to start enjoying the system as you should be doing.

Best of luck

McT

Associate
Well i set the memorys rated settings manual and the voltage at 1.64, test each stick o its own for 4 passes in memtest 4.0. 1 stick came back with a fair few errors.....

dscf4848b.jpg

Bit blury i know, i guess its this stick thats causing all the problems. Strange think is the longer the test went on the more frequently the errors started to appear!?

Back
Top Bottom