TSB Upgrade issues

Soldato
We got online and managed our cash around our accounts and paying the credit card.

Still buggy though with a few error messages along the way.

Are they still working in things or is this just a nightmare for them to sort? It seems there is various errors happening randomly to different people..

Soldato
I've been in today to find one person at a kiosk and thirty people in a queue. I asked if things were back to normal with online and banking and they said yes? They've closed all my local branches :(

Associate
There IT will almost certainly be ran with a view to saving money all over it and thats the first problem - IT done right is not flipping cheep.
The second problem is that most company bosses dont realise the first problem until they experience a level 10 cockup.
The third problem is that even if an IT department is funded and ran properly it will only last until the next bean counter needs some more zeros in another column..and back to the first problem we go.

Caporegime
Back to not being able to login. First step password works fine, then on the security question it's saying my password is wrong, even though it's already been accepted.

Complete **** take this is.

Soldato
Back to not being able to login. First step password works fine, then on the security question it's saying my password is wrong, even though it's already been accepted.

Complete **** take this is.

Ignoring the fact that it doesn't accept your password, that is the way it should work. It should validate the security questions and password at the same time. It would mean people could try to brute-force your password if it validated the password before moving on to the security questions.

Soldato
Can't believe how something like this can happen in this day and age. Crazy. Wonder if there IT is outsourced to save money...

Stage1 - Invest in IT
Stage2 - Cut workforce due to IT investment
Stage3 - Cut IT
Stage4 - Scratch head wondering why everything has gone wrong
Stage5 - Blame IT

Like I have been saying for years (see my very long Lloyds thread), they have reduced staff in banks now due to replacing them with the self service kiosks. Thing is, they don't always work meaning huge queues forming in front of the ONE counter.

Caporegime
I am considering it, I use my account daily and it's been nothing but a **** ache. Even now, I managed to send some money but it threw me out and says I have logged out every time I try to get back in.

Edit:

Just logged into my Market Force account...

IMPORTANT PAYMENT UPDATE: We are very sorry that there has been a delay with your recent payment and want to assure you that we have been looking into this as a matter of urgency. We have been assured by the bank that payments will be with you no later than the 1st May. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest Regards
Market Force Support

No guesses for who they bank with.

Last edited:
Commissario
This was reason they needed to move to their own systems as they were charged to use Lloyd’s.

http://www.cityam.com/279946/tsb-warns-2018-profit-dent-increasing-lloyds-outsourcing

Obviously thought the savings were worth moving to a system that wasn’t ready yet.
Or the bosses thought their bonuses for moving over by an arbitrary date and avoiding the the cost increase for remaining on Lloyds system were more important than making sure the new system was able to cope.

Am I being too cynical about the reason companies run into tech issues? (especially when it comes to bonus time).

Caporegime
Or the bosses thought their bonuses for moving over by an arbitrary date and avoiding the the cost increase for remaining on Lloyds system were more important than making sure the new system was able to cope.

Am I being too cynical about the reason companies run into tech issues? (especially when it comes to bonus time).

no, I think you're very likely right on the money there

Caporegime
Ignoring the fact that it doesn't accept your password, that is the way it should work. It should validate the security questions and password at the same time. It would mean people could try to brute-force your password if it validated the password before moving on to the security questions.

That's not how TSB are expecting it to work.

Their authentication has always been two step, it still is it just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow.
How many of you guys will be switching!

I cannot imagine anyone with a current account, or a business acount staying with TSB.

I guess with savings it does not matter too much, however savings interest is terrible anyway, so whoever has a savings account clearly has lost their mind anyway.

Man of Honour
Seeing on my Facebook feed some people are still trying to pay their staff since last Thursday, others with money missing from their accounts and a friend of mine is trying to buy a season ticket from a company that seems to be using TSB and the transactions just aren't going through - he is charged and money goes to pending transfer from his bank but then he gets an error about invalid payment method (and claiming he hasn't been charged - so he tried multiple times) from the football club - he is now down ~£750 with no timeframe for when it will be returned so his bank is getting on the case.

Soldato
There'll be a run on the bank if this continues. I queued to get my money last week as I needed it, but to be honest even if I didn't need it right now I'd probably be looking to get it out over the counter in cash.

I bet the government have contingency plans in place by now.

Caporegime
I hope people do switch their accounts to other banks... would be well deserved if there was a really big impact as a result of this! And I don't just mean some bad PR, and losing a few bonuses... some senior project managers, directors in IT etc.. having a few uncomfortable and rather shouty meetings without coffee with the CEO etc.. but it needs some serious impact on the business that will result in a big loss for the owners and potentially a fair few job losses.

Back
Top Bottom