TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Maybe companies are pulling out of the 'Smart TV' scene due to the influx of HDMI devices.
If I'm honest, as someone who works specifically in this field (smart TV app ecosystem) - there's a lot of progress to prevent obsolescence. Samsung tend to not join these initiatives. Majority of manufacturers are starting to work together to centralise testing and support. Look up HbbTV if you're interested!

Soldato
If I'm honest, as someone who works specifically in this field (smart TV app ecosystem) - there's a lot of progress to prevent obsolescence. Samsung tend to not join these initiatives. Majority of manufacturers are starting to work together to centralise testing and support. Look up HbbTV if you're interested!

I have a small HTPC with a full W10 install. Best why to circumvent any issues

Soldato
Another letter, I have an exact date they are coming to visit me and prosecute me for watching TV illegally.

In tiny writing at the bottom of the letter.
May visit on that date or another and can prosecute of found to be watching TV without a license and if I don't but a license.

They really are scumbags the way they word the letters.
I was going to start returning it all to the sender with "not known at this address" even though they say legal owner.

Soldato
Lol oh dear! They really are scum, I refuse to pay for a tv license when all we watch is Netflix, Prime and YouTube... haven't had any letters yet and have been without for over a year.

Soldato
Lol oh dear! They really are scum, I refuse to pay for a tv license when all we watch is Netflix, Prime and YouTube... haven't had any letters yet and have been without for over a year.
What about if you watched a BBC show on Netflix such as Sherlock, would you then have to pay the license fee?

Permabanned
I wonder what happens to enforcement if not paying the tv licence becomes decriminalized?

Boris should go further....

Move BBC HQ to poorest nastiest part of UK
Stop the License being a legal matter
Dont give it to anyone free and make BBC pay
Force em to cap the CEO pay and better reflect UK

Also fellas just burn the letters it is a desperation tactic i sent mine to the bin since they first started. Good ole BBC wastage.

Back
Top Bottom