TV Licence Super Thread

Caporegime
Said he'd like to introduce a netflix style subscription if read at the bottom,he said that it needs looking into how people are getting hounded over it aswell

as i said before. he said he would look at it. but i can also say i'm going to look at the moon. it doesn't mean i'm going to build a space station on it.

Soldato
It honestly concerns me that people read articles like that and think he plans to scrap it. And these people can vote :(

Article I read the other day said plan was to scrap and put into general taxation.

Woman at work today is actually voting Conservative as the decision to scrap TV licence swayed her. I really wish I was joking.

Caporegime
It honestly concerns me that people read articles like that and think he plans to scrap it. And these people can vote :(

People usually like to align themselves with what is best for them or their own thoughts. So i can see how a dumb person might think oh free tv license and then base their whole vote off the back of fake news. Education is key. Unless something has been promised in a manifesto they cannot take it as anything other than hearsay.

Permabanned
For the few above (yes that includes PSonny who always knows better :p) who are posting inaccurate reply's try actually watching the video I put up (from the PM's mouth not some text added by another MP in any articles you see), he does not say anything about making it a general taxation, he said that it basically is what now and need to change.

Caporegime
For the few above (yes that includes PSonny who always knows better :p) who are posting inaccurate reply's try actually watching the video I put up (from the PM's mouth not some text added by another MP in any articles you see), he does not say anything about making it a general taxation, he said that it basically is what now and need to change.
Personally I see it more of a veiled threat to the BBC by the Tories to try and make them even more biased towards them.

Soldato
He'd probably look at it then decide ealise only the common people watch TV and raise the price

In other news my latest warning came in a red chrismassy envelope. How nice

Soldato
And now the BBC have made it so people with Samsung TVs can't even access iPlayer on them. It loads but then says you need to update your TV's firmware, problem is the TV reports the firmware as being current and Samsung say they won't have a fix rolled out until mid 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50747526

Wonder what they'd say if people started to ask for a part refund of their licence fee?

Permabanned
And now the BBC have made it so people with Samsung TVs can't even access iPlayer on them. It loads but then says you need to update your TV's firmware, problem is the TV reports the firmware as being current and Samsung say they won't have a fix rolled out until mid 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50747526

Wonder what they'd say if people started to ask for a part refund of their licence fee?

I saw this. I am never going to use features built into a TV ever again. I don't trust Samsung or BBC any longer to get things right.

Back
Top Bottom