TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
What do the majority of you do with the angry TV licence letters you get through the post, along the lines of "THIS PROERTY IS NOW ON A LIST FOR NOT HAVING A LICENCE AND A VISIT IS EXPECTED", just throw it away?

I have a TV for netflix/amazon/PS4 so I don't need the pointless licence.

Caporegime
I think BBC going to a Netflix style model will crush it beyond recognition

It will not be able to afford anything but same as itv and C4 etc.

People will stop paying in droves. Especially if they can have sky etc and no BBC

Its the end of big budget documentaries and sports etc.

Whether you want or don't want this is another matter

Permabanned
What do the majority of you do with the angry TV licence letters you get through the post, along the lines of "THIS PROERTY IS NOW ON A LIST FOR NOT HAVING A LICENCE AND A VISIT IS EXPECTED", just throw it away?

I think everyone who’s gets a letter should save them until they have about 50 then one day all in one go return them through the Royal Mail postage system saying not at this address. Give them some spam back to the return address if there is one. Ha!

Soldato

Laugh, then bin it. But i haven't had one for several months now

Capodecina
Soldato
Two senior Tory MPs have warned Downing Street not to pick a fight with the BBC amid reports it wants the broadcaster "massively pruned back".

Huw Merriman, the MP for Bexhill and Battle who is chairman of the all-party parliamentary group on the BBC, warned No 10 against "ramping up an unedifying vendetta" against the BBC, saying the corporation should "not be a target".

"This is not a fight the BBC is picking nor a contest my party promised if we got elected," he wrote in the Daily Telegraph. "If the BBC ends up in decline, it will be the government which will be accused by the very people we will rely on for support at the next election."

Referring to sources quoted in the Sunday Times piece, Damian Green said: "The unattributed source was quoted as saying, 'we're going to have a consultation and then we're going to whack the BBC.' That tells me the consultation isn't a real one and there are legal implications about that." (LINK)
Somehow I don't think that Cummings could care less what any elected senior Tory MPs, senior or junior, think or say.

Back
Top Bottom