TV Licence Super Thread

Permabanned
Use an adblocker as I never seen any of that and or read above or wait till other sources on Google.

I wonder how long the story is if you do Sub because it seem pretty complete to me.

Why do I even bother...

Permabanned
I am on Adguard's free Web Plug in.

I do have a lifetime license for their full Windows installer version but will wait till Chromium Edge is final on WU then install.

Hovers at 43/44 blocks on that page (see you edited/added photo and 46 blocks).

2020-03-14.png

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ok more on this and unfortunately same site (popped up on my phone)

Copy/Pasted (not sure if you can see the same as myself).

TV enforcers tell over-75s to leave home amid coronavirus to keep free BBC licence

Covid-19 threatens UK pensioners who have been urged outside by TV Licensing letters if they want to keep their BBC benefits

TV enforcers are telling pensioners to venture outside during the coronavirus pandemic in order to keep their free BBC over 75’s licence.

Up to 3.7 million elderly viewers vulnerable to the virus will lose free licences when they are facing a “frightening battle” and potentially months of confinement at home.

There are also fears over BBC contractors visiting self-isolating elderly people at their supposed “safe haven” of home in order to arrange fee payments.

Around 900,000 households on pension credit can keep the license concession, but have been advised to visit “corner shops and post offices” during the pandemic in order to keep the BBC benefit.

Pensioners have been told by BBC funding enforcers TV Licensing to photocopy and return letters to prove eligibility for free licences, requiring technology they are unlikely to have at home.

Concerns have been raised about Capita teams contracted by the BBC visiting non-eligible over-75’s to set up licence fee payment arrangements.

Elderly people are vulnerable to the virus which has claimed 35 lives in the UK, and it is expected Government will tell over-70’s to avoid contagion by remaining indoors for up to four months.

This long confinement could be made all the more isolating with the imminent loss of free access to vital news and the comforting company of television.

Age UK has called on the BBC to suspend scrapping the free TV licence during a time of crisis, particularly for vulnerable older people.

A statement from the cahrity said: “They face a big and frightening battle, the least we can do as a society is to relieve them of the anxiety of a new TV licence scheme and the threat it poses to their ability to keep watching TV while they are fighting it.”

It continued: “It is profoundly wrong to allow anything to get in the way of an over-75 year old continuing to be able to watch TV over this period.

“Over-70s with lung problems, or impaired immune systems, should consider reducing their social contact and avoid mixing in large crowds, with home the safe haven.

“We are now in the position where if over-75s are on pension credit they are being advised to go out and about locally.

“Teams of staff employed by Capita are being contracted by the BBC to go to older people’s homes in order to help them organise how they will pay.”

Last year the BBC announced a cost-cutting decision to make the over-75’s licence means-tested, and available only to those on pension credit.

The controversial plan was criticised by politicians and the public over concerns it would increase the social isolation of the elderly.

Age UK fears that amid potentially mandated isolation the impact on older people will be even greater, and a television link to the outside world and public health news even more vital.

The charity has demanded that: “the BBC’s replacement scheme for the over-75s is halted immediately and stopped until the end of 2020, with the current universal entitlement staying in place until then”.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said yesterday that lengthy confinement for the elderly would be announced “in the coming weeks”.

TV Licensing letters sent to the over-75’s are understood to have been drafted before his statement and delivered this week.

The BBC has been contacted for comment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ll-over-75s-leave-home-amid-coronavirus-keep/

Last edited:
Caporegime
people are used to paying for the bbc, people are expected to keep paying for the bbc.
people love the bbc why wouldn't they want to pay it?

It's like the people who work at the bbc can't see why someone wouldnt want to fund it

they live in cloud cuckoo land.
what they say is correct though!

OVER 75S ARE USED TO PAYING FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES!
I REPEAT
OVER 75S ARE USED TO PAYING FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES!

so with the BBC realising that they can switch over to a subscription service with a pin code or whatever to watch! amazing
why arent more media journalists turning their own words against them!
BBC said OAPS would be find paying for a subscription service !!!! let them oaps opt in they are used to it

Soldato
Are any freeloaders honest enough to admit that they've been using BBC services for Covid-19 information?

I see the government's relaxed it's self imposed war against the corporation. :rolleyes:
I don't need to pay for a TV licence to read BBC news...

I don't go there anyway, but I'm free to if I please.

Soldato
Are any freeloaders honest enough to admit that they've been using BBC services for Covid-19 information?

I see the government's relaxed it's self imposed war against the corporation. :rolleyes:

You can find information on literally every news site or channel in the world. It's the only thing they are talking about 24/7.

Soldato

We are not freeloaders and no I do not use BBC for news, in fact I have BBC blocked in my firewall. The BBC is an antiquated system we do not need anymore.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Got something new yesterday, small card that I had to open and goes on about a visit on such a date.
I got one of these. They seem like a really ineffective way to mail people, i very nearly binned it thinking that it was a failed delivery card from the RM. It didnt even look like you had to open it at first glance.

Soldato
Got something new yesterday, small card that I had to open and goes on about a visit on such a date.

I got the same thing a little while back, wonder if we'll be getting them instead of letters from now on?

Typical BBC/Capita, there's no TP to be found and they stop sending my emergency supply.

Back
Top Bottom