TV Licence Super Thread

Permabanned
I threw my mothers licence letter the bin before she seen it.

She is 80, just out of hospital after a fall and new hip fitted and terminal with the Big C, what gets me is they gave it free then took it away.

Soldato
I didn't know you can fill in the form online as the Occupier. When i filled in form 2 years ago, gave my name.

May well have been first name 'The' last name "Occupier'. But either way, that is how the letter they sent me was addressed... :D

Permabanned
I stopped buying a license twelve years ago, they have never been round. Not that I would even answer the door if they did! ( I have a door camera ). I do not watch live TV and have no intention of doing so.

Permabanned
Soldato
They probably expected the BBC to stop paying out as many ridiculous wages using and take it out of that.

If the government is funding the BBC and they are taking a licence fee, then we are paying them twice.

Caporegime
You will use up a lot less of your life just filling it online from the Occupier.
it's basically junk mail though, should people contact every company that puts a flier through their door?

all it does it tell the BBC it;s not a waste of resources, if everyone stopped responding to them they surely would see it as a waste of money like it is

Soldato
it's basically junk mail though, should people contact every company that puts a flier through their door?

all it does it tell the BBC it;s not a waste of resources, if everyone stopped responding to them they surely would see it as a waste of money like it is
Well, it's not normal junk mail, because people will attest to the inspectors hassling residents who don't have a TV license. I don't get window washers and estate agents and pizza places knocking my door going "We flyered you last month, why haven't you ordered yet? Are you HIDING your pizza, landlording and dirty windows?".

And sure. But do you expect everyone WILL stop responding?

Caporegime
I've lived here for 7 years and in that time I've never responded to the BBC
0 knocks on my door about it.
the letters are automated and go in a loop.

it's junk mail unless it has your name on it

Back
Top Bottom