TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Guys i'm scared. This is the 15th letter i've had since i've moved into my new house and they're 100% coming this time round. Promise.

Fortunately they've attached a really convenient payment form on the reverse, which won't be filled in. :D

wHZV5oz.jpg.png

Associate
Guys i'm scared. This is the 15th letter i've had since i've moved into my new house and they're 100% coming this time round. Promise.

Fortunately they've attached a really convenient payment form on the reverse, which won't be filled in. :D

wHZV5oz.jpg.png
So lucky. I've run out of paper to get my fire going. I might send the TV licensing guys mixed messages to start collecting some free fire starter again.

Soldato
I cancelled my license in November. I got the confirmation and the refund form a few days later, I didn't bother with the refund. I was still getting letters telling I'm in arrears of payment but ignored them, and this week got a letter telling me they've cancelled my license because I've not paid and could be prosecuted if I don't pay. So I phoned the attached number and they had no idea so forwarded the call to cancellations where I had to confirm I don't watch TV etc, just like I did in November.

Soldato
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...aign-staff-workshop-drink-water-tv-licence-uk

Oh how pointless the TV licence fee is.....

'The BBC has been hit by fierce criticism after it unveiled a one-hour workshop for staff to teach them how to drink water.'

Fierce criticism indeed, as one critic tweeted:

How did I manage to survive working in hot machinery spaces on steam-driven warships and no air conditioning down the mess, when out in the hotter parts of the world, without a one-hour course?

:p

What next from The Express? "Britain to be battered by HUUUGE storms".

I think you'd be better off just paying your licence fee and getting your news from actual journalists. ;)

Soldato
Fierce criticism indeed, as one critic tweeted:

:p

What next from The Express? "Britain to be battered by HUUUGE storms".

I think you'd be better off just paying your licence fee and getting your news from actual journalists. ;)

https://order-order.com/2021/02/23/30-staff-attend-bbcs-lesson-in-how-to-drink-water-properly/

:confused::confused: I could get the news story from many source. Lots of newspapers covering the story. Says a lot when your response to a story is to just criticise the source, it doesn't make the story any less true in this case. Funnily enough I couldn't find a bbc article criticising themselves.

Soldato
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...aign-staff-workshop-drink-water-tv-licence-uk

Oh how pointless the TV licence fee is.....

'The BBC has been hit by fierce criticism after it unveiled a one-hour workshop for staff to teach them how to drink water.'

What's your problem? Don't you know there a drinking problem at the BBC?

tenor.gif

Soldato
Says a lot when your response to a story is to just criticise the source, it doesn't make the story any less true in this case

I'm not saying it's untrue, I'm saying it's insignificant and the reaction is fabricated BS. The BBC is not facing "fierce criticism" over an absolutely minuscule number of staff who wasted an hour of their life watching a BS health and safety video. It's hardly breaking news that any employee of any company had to sit through a box ticking nonsense training course.

Even the BBC spokesperson they managed to get on record couldn't take it seriously:

A spokesperson for the BBC said: “We are addressing the fact you can take a journalist to water, but you can’t make them drink.”

Unfortunately, I found myself reading the article for a second time after seeing your post and now I've been subjected to quotes from Lawrence Fox on a completely irrelevant side track. So yes, I'm criticising the source for sure. ;)

Soldato
Unfortunately, I found myself reading the article for a second time after seeing your post and now I've been subjected to quotes from Lawrence Fox on a completely irrelevant side track. So yes, I'm criticising the source for sure. ;)
Ooh tough break, I got distracted by the video titled "Love Island's Paige Turley's boobs fall out after trying to drink water upside down to cure hiccups" :p

Only covered by total rags, must be proper news then. BBC cover-up!

Soldato

wHZV5oz.jpg.png
One of these days I am going to contact then in an official manner and list all the investigations they have opened on myself and ask for the full report and results of each investigation. Not only do they have to provide that as you cannot run an investigation on someone and not tell them the results. But if they have 5+ investigations all with zero evidence, zero cause behind them, it’s a pretty good starting point for a harassment case. After all what justification have they got for doing so many investigations when all the previous ones came back negative.

That's if they every start sending me letters again. Not had a problem since I removed there right of access.

Soldato
I dare you to write below the line. ^^

It's telling you what you need to do, move, pay or notv.

Choose one n just do it.
Or pick option 4 like I did, removed there right of access. Best thing I ever did. Far better then the first 3 options. Or better yet pick option 4 and write below the line.

Associate
One of these days I am going to contact then in an official manner and list all the investigations they have opened on myself and ask for the full report and results of each investigation. Not only do they have to provide that as you cannot run an investigation on someone and not tell them the results. But if they have 5+ investigations all with zero evidence, zero cause behind them, it’s a pretty good starting point for a harassment case. After all what justification have they got for doing so many investigations when all the previous ones came back negative.

That's if they every start sending me letters again. Not had a problem since I removed there right of access.

Sounds like it's worth a laugh, but i reckon it would just get ignored due to the letters mostly never being named.

Associate
Those that have cancelled, you have simply cancelled your DD, or gone through the licencing cancellation procedure on their website?

I cancelled the DD and they took the money anyway! So then I went through the process of cancelling and got a refund. Best to go through the normal process however they obviously try to put you off :)

Soldato
I cancelled the DD and they took the money anyway! So then I went through the process of cancelling and got a refund. Best to go through the normal process however they obviously try to put you off :)

Is it automated online? OR do you have to speak to someone?

Presumably if you do cancel they flag that as another 'he just cancelled but is still probably watching tv' and start the process of looking into it?

Back
Top Bottom