TV Licence Super Thread

Permabanned
Snap, i haven't paid tv license in 4 years, i don't watch anything live, it's mostly YouTube, Movies and TV through online services. And i do exactly the same thing, as soon as i get a letter through the post i go straight onto their website and I fill in the form on their website and get left alone again for a couple of years

We did get a visit, and when he said "right, how do you want to pay for the licence" I just said "I don't watch TV" and slammed the door in his face with a smerk.

So instead of letting them in and proving you didn’t need a TV Licence like you did online you threw it back in their face and was rude?

If you had nothing to hide it would have been far more easier and polite to show them you didn’t need one.

I had an argument with someone at work where I used to work and proved just because you had a tv that didn’t mean you need a TV licence.

They grassed me up because they assumed everyone needed one because they had a TV. Proved them wrong didn’t I. Got a letter saying they have reasons they believe I needed one. Someone come to door I let them in, within 5 mins boom. Was proven I didn’t need one. All I had to do was turn on my TV go to the arial channels and no feed come up on every channel. Felt good.

One TV had no arial, the other TV was attached to a console just to play games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
It's not surprising seeing the TV licence numbers fall Away.

Concerned though that this will push it to 'general tax' because at this rate it will be unsustainable (imagine that pension pot) and would have to go to adverts.

I'm 35 and never paid a TV licence. Especially now with netflix I don't need it.

Permabanned
It's not surprising seeing the TV licence numbers fall Away.

Concerned though that this will push it to 'general tax' because at this rate it will be unsustainable (imagine that pension pot) and would have to go to adverts.

I'm 35 and never paid a TV licence. Especially now with netflix I don't need it.

I paid for a TV licence for the first few years of renting as I had sky then streaming media come out then didn’t bother.

I guarantee it will change into something different, it’s just a matter of time.

Associate
For them to have warrant they have a strong reason to enter, with evidence. TV Licence or not.

Ok so if a person has no TV, then wheres the evidence that they do have one?

Any such evidence would immediately be proven false, enough justification for a claim.

Can anyone even post a single example of a warrant based search for T.V?

Never seen or heard of it in any media outlet. People just making things up from the sound of it.

Refusing entry to your property is nowhere near enough reason for a warrant to be obtained. Its a civil right to prevent trespass.

Permabanned
Ok so if a person has no TV, then wheres the evidence that they do have one?

That's something that would have to be taken up with the people who has the warrant. If it's false then it's perfectly fine.

Any damage caused will have to be paid for by the company who does the damage if they break the door down or something.

Never seen or heard of it in any media outlet. People just making things up from the sound of it.

I have never in my life heard of a TV license warrant they just send a letter saying they believe you need one then visit your house.

Caporegime
I paid for a TV licence for the first few years of renting as I had sky then streaming media come out then didn’t bother.

I guarantee it will change into something different, it’s just a matter of time.

Yep. It's unsustainable.
I have no idea if that brit box garbage is a success, but it shows how desirable it is a optional subscription.

Permabanned
Yep. It's unsustainable.
I have no idea if that brit box garbage is a success, but it shows how desirable it is a optional subscription.

All they need to do is break down BBC but they won't. They could just offer free TV with paid streaming services like they are doing now. Reduce the price ever so slightly and they might get more people subscribing that current paying TV license subscribers.

The UK is BBC bread though and it's in their history slightly.

Associate
From what it seems no court is going to issue the BBC a warrant because they were refused entry to a property. Ofc you mention at the same time that there isn't, and never will be any live T.V being watched on the premesis.

Caporegime
They're an absolute bunch of bullies and I'm fed up of getting their letters, I don't need one yet and I shouldn't have to fill in a form to stop getting letters threatening me with fines.

So instead of letting them in and proving you didn’t need a TV Licence like you did online you threw it back in their face and was rude?

If you had nothing to hide it would have been far more easier and polite to show them you didn’t need one.

Why should they let anyone in given they've already filled in a form to say one isn't needed. It's an intimidation tactic and should be treated as such.

Associate
I mean you literally have some people right here that are completely fine with warrants being issued to search people's homes who have already stated they don't have a T.V / watch live T.V, and you still wonder why the BBC keep doing what they do.

The sooner everyone stops paying for a BBC license the better.

Associate
Yeah, I just don't see who in this thread is saying that?

Ok, I guess these last two pages are a figment of my imagination.

For the record, I emailed the BBC with a cease and desist letter in which I also stated I would not even be telling them whether or not I have or watch (a) T.V.

I've not been contacted by them since. It really is that simple.

Back
Top Bottom