TV Series like Blade Runner

Associate
Evening all,

Can anyone suggest a TV series that has a similar feel or setting to Blade Runner? I love my Sci Fi but I've recently really taken to the dark dystopian future theme.

I've already watched Altered Carbon and the brilliant Expanse (loosely connected I guess), Black Mirror sort of fits the bill for some episodes, but there must be more I am missing?

Thaaaaanks

Man of Honour
I only watched two eps though and couldn't be arsed with much more ha.

Sums up most stuff on Netflix these days for me :( especially since they removed reviews I'm reluctant to try anything without reading user opinions on it and not inclined to hit up other sites - I'd rather just give it a miss - starting to feel like cancelling my subscription again.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its a sci-fi deadzone atm.

I liked the expanse, so read the books, as usual the TV show will never be the same. (although the books go off on an author cash grab)

Associate
unless you go back a few decades your not going to get much ... Babylon 5 ? lexx .. comes to mind ..

wasn't Lexx more like an Adult version of Red Dwarf? I only watched some of the later season(s?) and there were loads of sex-related jokes and plots

Bill Shatners TekWar, Space precinct 2040. God I've got some crap on my NAS.

Space Precinct! When that was originally broadcast when I was a kid it was my number 1 must not miss show. I suspect it doesn't hold up TOO badly.

Just don't, it's garbage.

I think that's unfair although I've only seen the first few eps - it is low budget for sure but they seem to do a decent job with what they are working with

Soldato
Definitely a gap in the market for this type of show, so much so that i watched Altered Carbon again recently. It's such a deeply layered show that wasn't apparent on my first watch.

Associate
OP
If you aren't opposed to the idea of watching anime I'd recommend Ghost in the Shell. Not the live action version with ScaJo though.

I'm not opposed to anime, I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibli, Attack on Titan and Knights of Sidona (well, series 1 before it got weird). I've seen bits of Ghost in the Shell but I've never given it a serious watch. Can deffo see the Blade Runner link, good shout.

Bill Shatners TekWar, Space precinct 2040. God I've got some crap on my NAS.

God, TekWar, now we're talking! :D I actually remember playing the PC adaptation game of TekWar, good times!

Back
Top Bottom