Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
What a beast. Mines lay dormant since october when I started using my boy racer CRZ. Need to get it MOT'd and rolling again!

What event is that you mentioned?

:D As you well know, the KERS system on these is crazy :D

She's running really well on the new Goodyear efficient grips. Warm air intake yielded a good 3-5mpg increase, but I'll confirm that after a few more tanks if fuel through the summer.

'How many left' at Grampian Transport museum. Using that website you need to prove less than 500 are registered on the road to be eligible. Wasn't there less than around 90 UK cars made? 222 currently including JDM imports on the road here .

GF is taking her Cortina so thought we'd make a day of it in the sunshine. Perfect day to take the 350z, but too many of those left to show it.

Definitely get her going again. Gonna keep her and get a new/ bypass the IMA?

Saw a few threads on adding a small turbo on IC and retaining IMA and lean burn. Would love to do that, but that would take funds out of the DC2 full restore coming in a few years time.

Soldato
Wild card, BMW e82 125i Coupe with the remap that brings power up to 130i power, 260-270bhp, straight six noise, no turbo's to go wrong thus less expensive to run.

not a bad wild card and certainly something I will look into

Neither of these lights my particular fire much..
The sirocco never seemed to reach the heights the golfs of the era seemed to ... a octavia RS is more in line with it.
The Audi would just be the usual Audi fast but boring harsh riding car which has been gone over with a fun sponge.
The astra... i never felt the VXRs have much in the capabilities department... big scrabblers, fast but not subtle.
The 3 MPS... odd ball choice... prob naff inside and boring.

I haven't driven any of them, so that list is mainly purely aesthetic.
Talking with the wife last night and 13k seems a more realistic limit that I can afford. I'm going to test drive some cars with the focus ST being at the top.
I think I just need to get in a load of cars and see which one makes me smile.

if nothing lives up to what I want I will just throw some money at my civic

Associate
Focus ST always seemed a bit meh to me, not got the baws of the RS and too heavy to compete with the Fiesta.

If i were you i would just get a PCP deal on a new Fiesta ST, its excellent and far more of a joy machine than the ones listed already.
Sod throwing 13k at an older car... just get a new one.

Soldato
Focus ST always seemed a bit meh to me, not got the baws of the RS and too heavy to compete with the Fiesta.

If i were you i would just get a PCP deal on a new Fiesta ST, its excellent and far more of a joy machine than the ones listed already.
Sod throwing 13k at an older car... just get a new one.

I drove the fiesta ST at the same time I bought the civic. It didn't have the fun factor I would want from a slightly smaller car. The idea behind the focus would be still a decent sized car but a decent platform to mod up if im wanting more power.

The drive might leave be bored though and might not happen, If i can't make my mind up on a sensible car im going to jump in something silly for a year I reckon

Associate
Similar sort of thing i did, the MX5 won by quite a large amount because of the "fun" part.
FST is good though, its cheep, the new one is well equipped, its practical and its got a fair dollop of that important bit... "fun".

Man of Honour
OP
The FD2 barely gets used and I'm fed up of the battery always being flat. So I bought a solar trickle charger as well as a mains charger. I've just taken the battery out and left it on charge. Hopefully no more issues after this!

Man of Honour
OP
Haha. It's just because of the stupidly wide tyres that are on it, they catch now and again so until the GT1's are fitted and it's set up fully, I don't really want to use it too much.

Soldato
Drove some cars at the weekend including M135I , ST pre facelift and facelift, Mini john cooper works and went for a quick blast in the father s2000.
All amazing cars, the pre facelift ST wants to kill you but the facelift is lovely, The M135i is quick and a nice place to be but I couldn't justify 12k over the price of my car.

verdict. I'm keeping the Civic new exhaust to be ordered this month, new head unit on the way. going to get the wheels refurbed.

The money I would get for the civic its just not worth selling and its still bags of fun, I forget how fun it is to drive as I cant really hurt it going to work. Going to spend a bit of money and keep it when it gets too much for a daily then it will become a track/weekend car and I will buy another car for a daily.

Back
Top Bottom