Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
That is not genuine Spoon.

There should be a plaque on the back box itself, not that it's hard to replicate, but anyway, it's painfully obvious that it's a fake.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
he is still adamant that it is real. but in honesty, he has said he will issue a refund so its not worth the hassle arguing further.

my mechanic is currently building an EK9 from the shell up for track use and is the person who I would trust the most on things like this. He said that the rear of the exhaust should be SS and not mild steel which it clearly is.

his exact words were "even if you keep it, I ain't fitting it"

either way, its on the way back to the seller.

will probably put the money towards a new intake or a real cat back system.
lesson learned

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
The Spoon N1, B pipe, 2-1 and 4-2 are all fully stainless steel.

yep thats why alarm bells were ringing straight away for me. in honesty, its just a lesson learned. I guess I am used to trading high value goods on our MM and take what sellers say as gospel.

in fairness, I could easily just put another 150 into my funds and get a new N1 direct from spoon. :o

Soldato
yep thats why alarm bells were ringing straight away for me. in honesty, its just a lesson learned. I guess I am used to trading high value goods on our MM and take what sellers say as gospel.

in fairness, I could easily just put another 150 into my funds and get a new N1 direct from spoon. :o

Nah, don't be a spoon. :o:p

Man of Honour
OP

Not sure why, but most scammers seem to be on car forums. :confused:

MM seems to be spot on as far as I've used it, shame really that there's not such a trusting market for car owners. Scams or dodgy sales have been few and far between on TRO, but it is a pain to look after.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I can understand especially with all the convincing fakes like mugen pedals, skunk2 gear knobs etc

Ocuk is a little different as we have an outstanding mm team but it's difficult to police on car forums from my experience. I guess you live and learn

Soldato
Unlucky indeed :( At least the monies are coming back :)

Do you use a mechanic in Stoke? I am having a load of work done soon so shopping around for quotes now, big service work and valve clearances so I can then crack on with mods :)

Caporegime
Heh, well I've fixed my water leak into the footwell. But now the drivers side door handle has decided to no longer to do its job. And I found some rust when inspecting the lock.

I ****ing love old cars.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Unlucky indeed :( At least the monies are coming back :)

Do you use a mechanic in Stoke? I am having a load of work done soon so shopping around for quotes now, big service work and valve clearances so I can then crack on with mods :)

He is in stoke yeah. an old mate I used to go BMXing with. He is studying to be a race engineer and designs and fabricates a lot of his own parts etc. The EK9 he is working on at the moment was a shell imported from Japan, its quite special going to his unit but as he is not a registered garage and it is only private I cant talk about it much more. he tends to just do odd jobs for me as a bit of money towards his unit but knows his stuff and wont rip me off.

Did you mention you wanted a hondata airbox mod doing on type-r-owners?

Heh, well I've fixed my water leak into the footwell. But now the drivers side door handle has decided to no longer to do its job. And I found some rust when inspecting the lock.

I ****ing love old cars.

muffin, you really aren't having any luck are you. where did you get up to with the issues surrounding your engine rebuild mate? I recall your thread but never heard what happened?

Soldato

I ****ing love old cars.

Doorcard off and inspect the mechanism and bars inside.

Sometimes my drivers lock just stays shut, for that time of the month, that's not your problem is it?

But then again my Honda Cental locking was a mess which had to be fixed.

Caporegime
muffin, you really aren't having any luck are you. where did you get up to with the issues surrounding your engine rebuild mate? I recall your thread but never heard what happened?

It's still in the bedding in stage, friends have only seen black smoke since which can be carbon build-up and unused fuel from VTEC changeover and cut-out at the top of the rev range.

Not seen the blue smoke that was commented on by a guy at work but I'm watching the oil like a hawk, it's oil change time in 150miles which will give me an opportunity to neck it and then monitor it from there. I don't doubt the guys ability to build engines but I expect a perfect engine and I'll get it one way or another :p

Doorcard off and inspect the mechanism and bars inside.

Sometimes my drivers lock just stays shut, for that time of the month, that's not your problem is it?

But then again my Honda Cental locking was a mess which had to be fixed.

Aye, I need to fix the bloody window rattle at the same time, been putting it off :(

No the external handle has popped off, I can heat it catching but not on the mechanism, the internal one works, Just gotta be careful not to park next to a wall or I'm ****ed!
hehe.gif

Caporegime
Is this the correct tyre size for a MY03 S2000

Front 205/55R16 89W

Rear 225/50R16 92W

Also is there any movement on those sizes to keep the car happy at speed?

Caporegime
You need to go a little wider on the rears with non S-02 tyres apparently but I've never bought into that theory. They look fine to me

What's wrong at speed ?

Caporegime
The owner has just done a track day with Toyo T1-R's on the rear and it's not suiting the car, it's going to be used daily and taken on track so just trying to help source 'proper' tyres that suit the car.

I could have sworn Bridgestone just released the new RE002's for the S2000 sizes but that may have been for the 17's :/

Caporegime
Bridgestone Potenza S02
2 x 205/55 R16 Z (0) £175.46

Bridgestone Potenza S02
2 x 225/50 R16 Z (0) £245.18

My Fitting Option:
You have not selected a fitting centre.

Order Total:£420.64

:eek:

Caporegime
They won't be the S2000 S-02 as you can't buy them anymore. The RE050A are the replacement.

What's the issue with stability? If its on the T1Rs then Bridgestones will fix this. Toyo should be banned from putting tyres on S2000s, they don't suit hard driving and IME made the back of the car feel disconnected.

Caporegime
They won't be the S2000 S-02 as you can't buy them anymore. The RE050A are the replacement.

What's the issue with stability? If its on the T1Rs then Bridgestones will fix this. Toyo should be banned from putting tyres on S2000s, they don't suit hard driving and IME made the back of the car feel disconnected.

I tried finding the RE050A in those sizes but no joy, I'm not familiar with S2000's. Do you know where owners get them from or do they lower the speed/load rating to find stock?

That's the exact symptom he commented on, I've just binned them off mine and the hesitation on turn in along with feedback are just night and day. Shocking tyre for performance cars :(

Caporegime
Yeah Bridgestones will transform it.

The rears are at event tyres for £131 fitted each. Fronts not listed on there site, I remember something about those being discontinued too :(

Back
Top Bottom