Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
My BM Catalyst arrived today to replace the DECAT of which I didn't know about at the time..

Are standard Catalysts only 2" bore size to cat back exhaust?

Last edited:
Caporegime
337887538-174855312036487-7520711641438546932-n.jpg

Gave her a clean!

Associate
Reviving a semi-dead thread, for those that have had their cars tuned(mainly those with Fk2,fk8,FL5) which tuner would you recommend?
I see people suggesting Romain(racecal) and Paul west.

Associate
Personally Chris at EFI parts if he's mapping them, or Paul West.
Have you had experience or heard from other k20c owner review that had their cars tuned from Romain? Mainly asking is because he does tuning for Dream automotive as well which are more local to me, he also did the tuning for Officially gassed DC5 turbo as well. But if i'm better off making the commute to see Chris or Paul west then i'm more than happy to make that commute for the better tune.

Man of Honour
OP
Have you had experience or heard from other k20c owner review that had their cars tuned from Romain? Mainly asking is because he does tuning for Dream automotive as well which are more local to me, he also did the tuning for Officially gassed DC5 turbo as well. But if i'm better off making the commute to see Chris or Paul west then i'm more than happy to make that commute for the better tune.
Not entirely sure about now but Romain was using copied maps from Mase or someone else back in the day. I also know a very well respected engine builder local to me who laughs whenever Romain is mentioned.

Soldato
In the market for an S2000 still.. then I started looking at DC5 Integra's. The seem to fetch a pretty penny now though, similar to S2000s in that sense.

Different beasts etc. I think I'll stick with the s2000 plan but could be swayed if the right one popped up locally

Man of Honour
OP
In the market for an S2000 still.. then I started looking at DC5 Integra's. The seem to fetch a pretty penny now though, similar to S2000s in that sense.

Different beasts etc. I think I'll stick with the s2000 plan but could be swayed if the right one popped up locally
Both very good cars. I miss my S2000 more than either DC5 I owned. But the DC5 is way more practical, the engine although it revs less is arguably better and is more frugal especially when mapped. Both potential rot boxes.

Soldato
Both very good cars. I miss my S2000 more than either DC5 I owned. But the DC5 is way more practical, the engine although it revs less is arguably better and is more frugal especially when mapped. Both potential rot boxes.
My heart says stick with getting the s2000 which I will most likely do.

I think the allure of the DC5 that has grabbed me is just rarity I guess. These seem harder to find now.

Am I right in thinking any in the UK are all imports? As in it wasn't sold here? Or am I getting confused with another model?

Only really started looking deeper into these over the last few days

Man of Honour
OP
My heart says stick with getting the s2000 which I will most likely do.

I think the allure of the DC5 that has grabbed me is just rarity I guess. These seem harder to find now.

Am I right in thinking any in the UK are all imports? As in it wasn't sold here? Or am I getting confused with another model?

Only really started looking deeper into these over the last few days
Yup they are all imports, as are FD2’s. S2000 are mostly UK but there are occasionally imports.

Import only cars like the DC5 can be problematic in terms of finding parts, such as the windshield etc.

Soldato

Well, I’ve got an S2K and fd2 typer. Both different cars, both very exciting to drive in their own way. I’d struggle to pick between them to be honest.

S2K is a good jump from an mx5. Basically what I did. It’s more fun, screams at you and loves to be trashed but also not as forgiving so requires more attention when driving hard.

Fd2r is an animal. Very stiff, very “race car” on the road so if dc5 is a bit softer and more uk roads friendly it’d probably be good fun too.

As said. Both great cars and it’d be hard to pick between them.. probably why I’ve got both lol.

Man of Honour
OP
FD2 is quite a step up over a DC5 though to be fair. There's no single area where it's significantly better apart from perhaps a more modern cabin, but overall it's 5% here, 10% there, occasional 20%, which all add up and make it a much more special bit of kit. I think I had mine the longest out of all my Honda's and I've often thought about buying another.

Caporegime
Cant help but think a e92 m3 is the combination of both now that the prices of them are aligning. I never drove my s2000 when I got mine. And you have back seats. S4000 the best way to describe the engine delivery too.

Think of you do go Honda you have to go on condition. So many rusty ones out there. £15-20k for an S2000 is pretty mental money now

Last edited:
Soldato
Cant help but think a e92 m3 is the combination of both now that the prices of them are aligning. I never drove my s2000 when I got mine. And you have back seats. S4000 the best way to describe the engine delivery too.

Think of you do go Honda you have to go on condition. So many rusty ones out there. £15-20k for an S2000 is pretty mental money now
I’d love one.. if it had a better manual box and wasn’t so flawed mechanically. I love the fact that Hondas take insane amounts of abuse and continue going.

E9x manual is still very much on the list of cars to own for me as I think it’s one of the best m3s ever but I’m not yet brave enough or bored enough of what Japan has to offer. - Lexus isf for example.

Soldato
FD2 is quite a step up over a DC5 though to be fair. There's no single area where it's significantly better apart from perhaps a more modern cabin, but overall it's 5% here, 10% there, occasional 20%, which all add up and make it a much more special bit of kit. I think I had mine the longest out of all my Honda's and I've often thought about buying another.
That’s interesting. I have never driven a dc5. Was a car I wanted to own but ended up in an fd2r as one was close by and I had a look right after selling my odyssey. I’m enjoying it a lot! I think it may stay around for a bit longer than I initially expected. I usually go through 2 cars a year on average.

Soldato
Yeah the £15-20k for the S2000 is something I've come to accept in my search. I can't see it coming down but also don't really see it climbing much for the time being outside of seasonal influences like summer etc boosting it a bit.

But that also means there isn't really much to lose unless prices drop like mad which I doubt they will too much if at all.

I don't do too many miles. I've done 3000ish in my MX5 NB, coming up to the end on my first year with it.

I've been offered to view a nice sounding s2000 for approx £17k, but have also been looking at one for around £15.5k but it has the marmite FULL red interior and double the mileage of the £17k one.

The DC5 has the added benefit of just being more practical. We do have 2 young kids, but we have a Captur that we use as our "Family car" and having a 2 seater this past year hasn't been a big concern, and hasn't got in the way really.

The import this is a concern as I've never dabbled in an imported car before, I guess you need to check for certain documentation that confirm the true mileage etc and also go on a level of trust with all that?

Some really nice ones on AT but again, £15.5k minimum up to £18k even with 80k miles (not much Vs the ages tbh)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom