Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
I think people are being a wee bit harsh with the copy paste thing. FC4 whilst being similar regarding maps, did have some new features like auto drive and the little helicopters.

Tweaking and fine tuning a successful franchise isn't necessarily a bad thing so long as things are freshened up.

Permabanned
The only far cry I enjoyed was the first one.

All been poor since in my opinion.

I've only played 1-3 and I only enjoyed the first too.

FC2 was pants. Diamond hunting...Stupid missions like blow up a convoy that just drives around in circles. Respawning bad dudes as soon as your backs turned.

FC3. Why do I have to go skin half a dozen animals for a backpack? Why can't I just buy one off the guy in the straw hut who also sells rocket launchers? And why can't I skip cut-scenes omg.

Soldato
I think people are being a wee bit harsh with the copy paste thing. FC4 whilst being similar regarding maps, did have some new features like auto drive and the little helicopters.

Tweaking and fine tuning a successful franchise isn't necessarily a bad thing so long as things are freshened up.

Yeah I thought Far Cry3 was so good they were right just to tweak 4 slightly - where they messed up with 4 was the lazy story and lame villain, especially compared to 3. Oh and did I mention that I was expecting to bed Anita... :D

Soldato
Yeah I thought Far Cry3 was so good they were right just to tweak 4 slightly - where they messed up with 4 was the lazy story and lame villain, especially compared to 3. Oh and did I mention that I was expecting to bed Anita... :D

Yeah, I rather enjoyed FC3. Some aspects of it were a bit weak but overall it was nice.

Couldn't get into 4 and I totally agree about the villain, Pagan was hardly present in the game and the story itself was very poor...

Caporegime
Lets see how much this gets downgraded now ;)

Hopefully it will be a lot better optimized than what ubi's last game was! (ghost recon)

Soldato
Oh yes, Western!
Would love Al Swearengen as a baddy in a game!

Having said that just watched the trailer again and pretty sure there are roads and telegraph poles in it, doesn't exactly point to the 1800's.

Back
Top Bottom