Ubisoft subscription - Uplay+

Thats the problem, its not a hobby anymore for some people its a lifestyle choice. Look at the time / grind needed for some of games and its clear that a lot of people must live every waking hour in front of their screen.

Most of the AAA games nowadays use "Grind" to replace gameplay to increase game time. AAA games are not something I am interested nowadays for the most part.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/598550/HUNTDOWN/

and

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1061090/Jump_King/

Is what I am playing right now. Maybe I am a more casual player nowadays.

I see the value of these game pass's IMO. But needs to fit your needs and if you will actually use them. The Uplay pass is expensive though, but even then if I paid the £12.99 full price a month, play one game like Ghost Recon Break point or similar where your unlikely to go back to them and will come out ahead. No need to grind if you don't want to. The other pass's which are much cheaper like MS pass is an even easier sell. £3.99 at full price so say £50 a year. In that time, no doubt can complete games or play them well worth in excess of that, Gears of War 5, Metro Exodus, Outerworlds etc, 3 games along I see which well excess cost of the pass and I have a reasonable chance of getting my fill from.

I wonder what they’re gonna do considering the payment processing error is a known and ongoing issue. Extend the free trial for another month?

I kind of doubt it. I suspect they do not want to have a free month happen for when they release Ghost Recon Breakpoint as that launches at start of Oct.

Most of the AAA games nowadays use "Grind" to replace gameplay to increase game time. AAA games are not something I am interested nowadays for the most part.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/598550/HUNTDOWN/

and

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1061090/Jump_King/

Is what I am playing right now. Maybe I am a more casual player nowadays.

Bang on Gimpy thanks for the links, Huntdown looks quality and as an old Midnight Resistance fan it's right up my alley. So I'll be having some of that.

Anyone subscribed to this? How do you find it?

Seemed like a decent opportunity for a bump given Watch Dogs Legion is out a week on Friday, followed by AC: Valhalla next month, Fenyx Rising (Gods & Monsters) in December, Sands of Time Remake in January, and then Far Cry 6 and Rider's Republic in February. Could be decent value for anyone looking at a few of those games. I'm tempted to sign up; would be buying Valhalla anyway and tempted by Watch Dogs and Fenyx Rising.

Last edited:
Anyone subscribed to this? How do you find it?

Seemed like a decent opportunity for a bump given Watch Dogs Legion is out a week on Friday, followed by AC: Valhalla next month, Fenyx Rising (Gods & Monsters) in December, Sands of Time Remake in January, and then Far Cry 6 and Rider's Republic in February. Could be decent value for anyone looking at a few of those games. I'm tempted to sign up; would be buying Valhalla anyway and tempted by Watch Dogs and Fenyx Rising.

Dang did not realise Gods and Monsters was out so soon after they changed the name!

As for uPlay its worth it, may need to crunch the numbers yourself but if you were to buy all those games then would work out pretty well for you given your looking at being able to get nearly 2 years of Uplay for the same price. Work out pretty well given you can stop membership at any point if you get bored.

Dang did not realise Gods and Monsters was out so soon after they changed the name!

As for uPlay its worth it, may need to crunch the numbers yourself but if you were to buy all those games then would work out pretty well for you given your looking at being able to get nearly 2 years of Uplay for the same price. Work out pretty well given you can stop membership at any point if you get bored.
Yep am getting it this time round as there next few games i would like to give ago , and end of the day it is only the price of a pack of fags , thank god i stopped smoking years ago ......

Definitely subbing after trying the Fenyx Rising (Gods & Monsters) demo on Stadia. That and Valhalla are absolutely on my "to buy" list now anyway, so that's ~£80. That'll pay for six months of Uplay+, so seems a no-brainer given it'll give me access to all the other Ubisoft releases that are landing over the next few months + DLC launched in that time + their back catalogue. Not fussed about owning the games, as once they're complete I wouldn't likely revisit them much anyway.

Ubisoft stops UPlay, and Replaces it with Ubisoft Connect.

Ubisoft Connect will be the new universal home for all Ubisoft in-game services, activities, and communities on all platforms.

Everything you’ve used Uplay and Ubisoft Club for in the past will be refreshed, expanded, and merged into Ubisoft Connect starting October 29, which coincides with the launch of Watch Dogs: Legion.

Designed for the next generation of gaming and beyond, Ubisoft Connect is just the beginning of Ubisoft’s commitment to making cross-platform features standard in the future. That includes cross-platform progression on games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Riders Republic.

“Next-generation gaming goes beyond technological improvements and better graphics,” says Vice President of Online Services Stephanie Perotti. “To us, as a creator and publisher, it is about bringing more fluidity and versatility to the experience, to have the freedom to play games on whatever device and with whoever you want. Ubisoft Connect is our take on a new seamless experience to not only ease the transition between generations and platforms, but also be the starting point for new services that further contribute to new, more player-centric ways of enjoying games."

The Ubisoft Connect interface will be integrated seamlessly into Ubisoft games on all platforms, bringing social features, in-game rewards, and challenges and activities all to one place. In addition to all the functionality of Uplay and Ubisoft Club, Ubisoft Connect brings brand-new features like a dedicated newsfeed to check out their friends’ activities and achievements. For those looking for tips on how to improve at Rainbow Six Siege or how to recruit a beekeeper in Watch Dogs: Legion, the new “Smart Intel” feature brings personalized tips and video recommendations based on your current in-game activities. You’ll also be able to access personalized stats and playstyle information so you can monitor your progress or compare with your friends through the new leaderboard system.

To celebrate the launch of Ubisoft Connect, more than 1,000 legacy Ubisoft Club rewards will be unlocked today for free to all players. The Ubisoft Connect experience will launch on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and be available on Xbox Series X | S on November 10 and PlayStation 5 on November 15. The service will also come to Stadia, Nvidia GeForce Now, and Amazon Luna later this year.

For future updates on Ubisoft Connect and more information on all Ubisoft games, head over to the Ubisoft News hub.

https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/ubisoft_stops_with_uplay_and_replaces_it_with_ubisoft_connect.html

So, that reads to me like it's pay once, use on any platform? If that's the case I'll 100% be jumping on this with the new console releases!

It's just platform cross saves from what I read. I don't think they are going to give you a PS5 version of Far Cry 6 if you buy on Xbox Series X, for example.

I like the idea of your, now Ubisoft+, subscription also enabling you to play the Ubisoft games on Stadia or Amazon Luna. So you can test the game out without downloading anything and then if it something you would enjoy, download it on your PC to play properly.

People actually like ubisoft?

I do, for example, I like AC Origins, AC Odyssey, AC Valhalla, the Anno series, in particular Anno 1800 (a very highly rated game on these forums), I enjoy the Farcry series, I liked The Division 1 and 2, I really liked South Park The Stick of Truth and South Park The Fractured Butt Whole, I like Ghost Recon Wildlands, liked Rainbow Six and Siege. All Ubisoft titles. People tend to hate on Ubisoft, whilst simultaneously forgetting that they are also behind the brilliant Anno series and the South Park games, that and of course over the years its become "cool" to hate on Ubisoft without remembering all those titles I mentioned above. All told, in the AC, Anno, South Park, Division, Rainbow Siege and Ghost Recon games, I've probably got a grand total of 5000+ hours of single player and co-op gaming over the years, I consider that amount of entertainment good value for money :)

Back
Top Bottom