UEFA Champions/Europa League Qualifying Play-Off 22/23/24 August 2017 *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
Happy with that :)

Hoffenheim are a very good team and we ripped their defence to pieces and should've scored a load more goals. Our defence looked dodgy at times but I think Robertson will improve things as he's integrated in to the squad and a new CB, if we get one, will hopefully improve on Lovren.

Back in the CL again.

Soldato
Well missed all of first half but saw all of the second (saw some highlights of goals from first) we looked great attacking wise but still abit flaky in defence but we still did better over all

Good match and great performance by can too, can we just sort his dam contract now

Caporegime
Bloody Slavia Prague! Four team Acca, they're two nil down after the away leg so at home and they can't even score a single goal! USELESS ****'s!

Don
Had the potential to be a nervy night but the first 20 odd minutes of the first half were us at our best and we killed the tie with that spell. Typically naive defending from us midway through the 1st half to give them a slight sniff at getting back in it. I'm not sure who was responsible for it but Matip shouldn't be drawn out of danger area for their 2nd - I'm not sure if he just drifted or whether the midfield failed to track a runner and he was forced into it but either way Lovren was left 2 v 1 in the middle. All in all though, a very good performance and comfortable win against a very hand side.

One thing that I found interesting in the 2nd half was the position Milner played when coming on - he ended up playing the holding role in midfield with Henderson moving forward into the box to box role. Does Klopp see him playing there or was it simply because Henderson was on a booking and wanted to protect him?

Ah, I wasn't sure if you meant him or Can. Yea he was really good. His awareness and link up play is always very good to be fair though. There are times where his general football ability escapes him though and he can't control simple balls or make straight forward passes. The one thing with Firmino though is that even when he plays poorly, he generally still pops up with a goal or creates something - games never totally pass him by.

Don
The way the CL pots have been changed over the last couple of years is plain stupid. You're better off being in pot 2 than pot 1.

Man of Honour
In all honesty, we're a horrible matchup for Barca on paper. The pace and movement of our front three against their high line could cause them serious trouble. Much rather get a team like them or Bayern than Real or Juventus tbh.

In terms of on the pitch, I agree. Sorry, I wasnt really clear enough on what I meant, I meant from a Coutinho saga point of view. Its one of those peculiar oddities in football draws that clubs seem to repeatedly get drawn against previous players/managers immediately after they've left (assuming of course Coutinho leaves)

Back
Top Bottom