UEFA Champions League/Europa League 10/11/12 March *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
We're as good as any team when we have the first team fully fit but we don't have a good enough squad to compete on all fronts.

Klopp will hopefully address that in the summer with a better keeper, another CB and a striker/winger.
With the stratospheric finances involved in football today, I wonder whether it’s possible to have a squad that can compete on all fronts any more. Man City are the richest team in history and they haven’t managed it in recent years.

Caporegime
With the stratospheric finances involved in football today, I wonder whether it’s possible to have a squad that can compete on all fronts any more. Man City are the richest team in history and they haven’t managed it in recent years.
Probably not which is why Klopp treats the domestic cups as throw away competitions. I don't mind that but he obviously gets a lot of flack for it.

Don
Reports coming out tonight that there could be an announcement as early as tomorrow that all remaining PL games will be played behind closed doors.

Man of Honour
Reports coming out tonight that there could be an announcement as early as tomorrow that all remaining PL games will be played behind closed doors.

Really? Interesting.

If a player gets it though I suspect they'll have to postpone everything and try to piece together the rest of the season behind closed doors.

Made a thread as this is no doubt going to be discussed in a lot of detail: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/football-and-the-coronavirus.18880230/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A juventus player has tested positive as well as the Olympiacos owner who came into contact with Arsenal players (they’re self containing), so it’s only likely to get worse. It makes perfect sense to scrap all leagues for now but the logistics is a nightmare .

Closed doors won’t help much if players and staff are spreading it.Being a euro year with nations league later on makes it even worse.

Soldato
Dying at Klopp wanting Atletico go toe-to-toe. Same tired, patronising lines as Pep.

Atleti deservedly through. Shame it’ll probably mask the many issues at that club at the moment.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Henderson saying “we deserved to go through”

That’s my pet hate. No you didn’t. If you deserved to go through, you would have gone through.

I don't know, it depends on how it happened. If you get dodgy penalties given against you, missed VAR calls that would give you goals, penalties etc. That didn't happen against AM though. They rode their luck a bit and did what AM did best.

Back
Top Bottom