UEFA Champions League/Europa League 12/13/14 February *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Well done Peter, at least someone makes sense.

Fed up of the media witch hunt on DDG when other keepers make worse mistakes week in week out (Hart) and it just gets a 'ooh that's an error there...'

Get in Peter, you go!

Soldato
them saves de gea pulls off make quite a good highlight real :p

peter defending him but im sure a month or so ago he said de gea was not good enough for man utd.

Man of Honour
Well done Peter, at least someone makes sense.

Fed up of the media witch hunt on DDG when other keepers make worse mistakes week in week out (Hart) and it just gets a 'ooh that's an error there...'

Get in Peter, you go!

Indeed, I can't believe they made a highlight reel of his mistakes (some of which weren't even his fault). :o

Pleased to see Kagawa in the hole and Rooney out left, worried with the Jones factor in the middle......

I think Rooney will play behind RvP and Kagawa will be out left.

Soldato
I think Rooney will play behind RvP and Kagawa will be out left.

They will all mix and match really those three. I think Kagawa may be through the middle and furthest up of the lot though as Wayne/Welbeck can track back and work harder so will probably be out on the wings.

Man of Honour
OP
Real Madrid: Diego Lopez, Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Fabio Coentrao, Khedira, Alonso, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Subs: Adan, Pepe, Kaka, Carvalho, Essien, Modric, Higuain.

Man Utd: De Gea, Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney, van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Smalling, Hernandez, Cleverley.

Referee: Felix Brych (Germany)

Caporegime
With Jones busy with Ronaldo, they will run rings around Carrick, or Carrick will do his usual white flag thing and retreat into defence, pretend to be a decent left back so people don't notice how god awful you are if you stay in midfield. If they put anyone in there except for Carrick, then Ozil is easy to put pressure on, lightweight and not particularly fast, but against Carrick he'll have all the time in the world to pick out the passes he wants.

Joke line up if true, Giggs puts in a performance that should make Welbeck ashamed to take anything over £3 a week as his wage, and Welbeck gets picked. Nothing more important in a game like this than retaining possession in the opposition half, someone who runs a lot but gives it away with little threat is a worthless player.

The Everton game was one of the few games I've been impressed with the way the team played as a whole this year, sure Valencia was crap, but the team had balance, passed well, closed well, played as a unit with very few mistakes, thats what you need tonight, not Carrick the slow and Welbeck the retard.

Soldato
I was kind of hoping Clev instead of Welbeck (with Jones/Anderson used to man mark Ronaldo)

Otherwise a decent selection, and a good bench

Soldato
Robinho - Lost his spark years ago
Mexes - Truly awful defender
Muntari - Good, but never great
Boateng - A flop from what I've seen of him
Flamini - Only known in this country due to playing for Arsenal
Ambrosini - Awesome DM back in the 90's/early 2000's...
De Jong - Who ;)
Ballotelli - Over rated

Names they have, quality is certainly lacking :cool:

fyi - the question was well known / famous - not the quality as such

Soldato
They don't even play the same position...

Who Vidic & Ferdinand? I think you'll find they do ;)

I'm sure you can work out how I'd fit Cleverley into the team instead of Kagawa, just dont know what the latter has done so far this season to warrant playing in this game (a whole load of faith put in him tonight, undue faith imo)

Associate
Not been this excited about a match for quite a while! :D Really hoping Kagawa can prove himself tonight against pretty much the best opposition we've faced this season. I can see us conceding but at the same time I expect us to get a goal or 2 with that lineup.

Back
Top Bottom