UEFA Champions League/Europa League 12/13/14 February *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
Don't want to rubbish a fine paper like the mail but I'm sure the old firm game was broadcast to more than 8 countries. :p

Its quoting figures but not quoting sources typical substandard journalism. 2.08 billion fans yet 4.7 billion watched the game? Oh and 777 million watched the game in a pub lol

He asked for a link and I googled it, he claimed Barca Madrid bigger and Madrid United even bigger but without even a rubbish source to back it up :p.

I'd think United Liverpool is bigger with Asia and America playing a huge part.

Caporegime
+1

Plenty of teams managed to stop him in the PL, people forget but he had a pretty poor goal scoring record against the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool. Of the 'top 4' sides he had a good goal scoring record against Arsenal but then who doesn't? And he had a good record against City but then they weren't anything other than midtable when Ronaldo played for us (Spurs likewise)

I know who I'm hoping will prove the difference for us but dont want to jinx it by saying it just now :o

notice how I was decent enough to say I dont want to Pigeon it :p

Doesn't he have a decent scoring record vs Barca :p ? (Okay their defence is a bit hilarious but still gotta do it)

Also he has 20 hat tricks in La Liga vs one he got in the PL, better player now and is capable of being unstoppable, whether he is on the night or not particularly against United is a pretty big if.

Soldato
He asked for a link and I googled it, he claimed Barca Madrid bigger and Madrid United even bigger but without even a rubbish source to back it up :p.

I'd think United Liverpool is bigger with Asia and America playing a huge part.

It says 1 billion watched man united arsenal so how is liverpool man united the biggest with 500 million?

Soldato
I dont understand why someone would be week in week out wanting a team (manu/arsenal, or whomever) to lose, would then 'support' that team just becuease they are English?

Any take out the sky bias and I would argue that Milan-Barca is the glamour tie of the round.

Caporegime
Yeah no way is any match other than Utd - Madrid the glamour tie. Even if you ignore the pedigree of the clubs you've got Ronaldo returning to Old Trafford, Fergie up against Mourinho again, Welbeck scoring a hat trick and going on to become the greatest English striker ever...

Soldato
I'm not sure how in any way that could be argued.

Recent wins has both team with more than RM/Manu, Barca possibly the best team in the world of the past 5 years. Milan are still the glamour team of Italian football.

Sky and the English media are hyping the **** out of this game because its what they do with manu games and they have a massive **** on for Mourinho.

I'd have to agree, Milan are nothing like what they were 6 years ago. I doubt I could name half their team.
Im sure an italian wouldn't be able to name half the Manu side either, doesn't mean anything, could be argued that RM are nothing like the team that won the CL a decade ago too :)

Last edited:
Soldato
As a neutral I'm actually really excited for tonight's game. Away from home with work so me and one of the site blokes are packing in early to pull up a pew right infront of the tv in the pub :D

Soldato
Im italian and Man united Madrid is bigger than Milan Barca, Man united are the biggest club in the world followed by Real Madrid simple as that 2 of the biggest teams playing. Ronaldo returning is a big part of it as well.

Man of Honour
Wellbeck, jones, smalling cleverly, yeah they roll off the tongue dont they, I'm sure little joe bloggs in venice would know them. Rooney And RVP I'd give you, the rest, no chance.

A football fan probably would. I bet a lot of them play FIFA for example, and I'm sure they've played as Man Utd, or read something about them...

Same applies for Real Madrid.

The only headlines I've seen Milan making are due to Balotelli and racism before that.

There's no way you can argue that Barca-Milan is a bigger tie. They're not even close to being evenly matched, either.

Soldato
Recent wins has both team with more than RM/Manu, Barca possibly the best team in the world of the past 5 years. Milan are still the glamour team of Italian football.

Sky and the English media are hyping the **** out of this game because its what they do with manu games and they have a massive **** on for Mourinho.

Im sure an italian wouldn't be able to name half the Manu side either, doesn't mean anything, could be argued that RM are nothing like the team that won the CL a decade ago too :)

Nope, still not seeing where the argument comes from.

Milan Barca isn't even close.

Soldato
Wellbeck, jones, smalling cleverly, yeah they roll off the tongue dont they, I'm sure little joe bloggs in venice would know them. Rooney And RVP I'd give you, the rest, no chance.

Yeah no one in Europe has ever heard of Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Valencia and Nani have they. Seriously stop you're talking rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom