UEFA Champions League/Europa League 13/14/15 March *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
The huge, obvious problem we have is this:

We have Rooney playing in the 'hole', playing balls into Giggs and Park.

Why... just why. Bizarre.

Soldato
Oh Look UTD fans back to admiting Carrick is crap :p He has been crap for UTD since you got him.

Athletic deserving there lead, Llorrente goal was very nice :)

Man of Honour
Embarrassing first half. Things need to be seriously shaken up for the second half to stand even a remote chance.

Caporegime
The huge, obvious problem we have is this:

We have Rooney playing in the 'hole', playing balls into Giggs and Park.

Why... just why. Bizarre.

Rooney is rubbish "in the hole", but he thinks he's better than Messi there.

his 40 goal season, stayed in the box, upfront playing the Hernandez role. The difference is if Rooney is in Hernandez's role you end up with a poacher who has a little ability to pass and cross when you can't just tap in, with Hernandez you have a poacher, a tap in artist or a complete passenger. Its Rooney's slight ability to play actual football rather than Hernandez's complete ineptitude that makes Rooney perfect for that role and Hernandez good enough for a bottom half team.

Carrick is, boring and lame, Park is just rubbish, you DO NOT NEED a guy who can ONLY chase people around like Park, when you can get players who are great at closing down, tackling and running, but can also pass, shoot, score, defend, etc, etc.

Utd are getting bogged down(and the prem league) with singular players who are so painfully limited in their all around game. Just look at Barca, just about every player is comfortable in MANY roles, all of them can pass, close down, shoot, score, etc, etc.

Carrick has so little to his game, Park is barely a footballer, Giggs can't defend and sucks in central midfield, Rooney is a decent striker who has some ability to pass, but that makes him a good striker, not a good midfielder or playmaker.

Young can defend, score, cross, pass, close down, as can Valencia. Utd are mental, for the wages they pay they can just have better players, less limited players, players with so much more to their game than one tiny limited role like Park.

Hell why on earth didn't Utd pick up Parker and sell Park........ he's FAR more effective in the role he wants Park for, but he's also able to pass, get forward, score the odd goal, etc. There is no need for Utd to limit the team on purpose but they frequently do in the past few years.

Soldato
Well from what I've seen I dont think we've been bad at all, we've certainly been in and around their penalty box more than they have ours and played some quite nice stuff. Obviously though I didn't see the first 25 minutes though so I can see why others may have a different opinion

Back
Top Bottom