UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

Arsenal have been attacking well.... but Barca just seem to be soaking it up...their defence doesn't seems shaky when Arsenal come at them and it looks like the Barca forwards and midfield has a little break. But having said that they are getting at them!

Barca's passing has been something else, its amazing how they form triangles in the smallest spaces and pass, pass, pass. It's just sublime, makes you smile watching it. Total football from them!

This commentary is absolute dog ****. How is 40% of possession and 1-0 down a 'good' performance for the first 25mins? Barca looking like Barca so far...

Arsenal were actually very impressive before the goal, it actually came as quite a shock that it happened, but i guess thats barca.
I thought barca would coast this easily but it hadn't been uneven up to that point and Arsenal deserved a goal.

Hope it finishes 3-2 to Arsenal or something.

This commentary is absolute dog ****. How is 40% of possession and 1-0 down a 'good' performance for the first 25mins? Barca looking like Barca so far...

I did laugh at some of the bias in that half

"neither side have really strung 6 passes together yet"

Barca had already had at least 5-10 moves with more passes than that.

"Xavi and Iniesta have been quiet"

EVERYTHING is going through them.

If we lose, it's not all that bad. Realistically, we all know Barca is a better side so by that measure, they deserve to progress further. It will benefit our domestic interests too as we can focus on those titles.

The longer that United and Chelsea stay in the Champions League, the better it is for Arsenal.

Totally agree, like today is showing we'd have had a better go at Barca, than UTD for example. We have a bad history being knocked out by English sides and considering on paper now it looks like the other three will progress I don't see us getting that far. If we do beat Barca then we've somehow knocked out the best team which would deffo benefit everybody else at most.

Been very entertaining but Barca nowhere near firing on all cylinders, Pedro has been poor, Messi a little below par (could have had a hat trick already) and Maxwell doesn't seem to offer much on the left.

I just don't see any hope for Arsenal really, their defence is just too poor to cope, 1-0 really flatters them so far considering how many times Barca have broken through. Song is walking a ridiculously fine line, already got 4 fouls and a yellow. Wilshere has been very tidy and the defence is not picking up RvP very well.

I think Arsenal can score, I just think Barca can score more.
Agreed largely, but would've picked Maxwell out as Barcelona's worst and I don't think Arsenal's defence is that bad at what's it's doing, it's just that a high line and the offside trap aren't foolproof solutions even for the best defence in the world.

Arsenal have been pretty good but their defence is letting them down.
Playing very high up are just asking for messi, xavi and co to send a sweet through ball to villa - and whadya know...they do just that sigh......

Arsenal defence just crap. marking as well...defenders ball watching. Eboue trying to be a RW :/

On a positive note i do like Arsenal's passing - better style than Barcas imho (though Barca passing tonight has been better but Wengers passing is more incisive in general imo)

They need Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie to continue to do decent or better. All of em are doing not too bad especially Walcott :D Real threats to the barca defence...so close on a few occasions.

Arsenal player playing crap imo is SONG wtf is he doing a DM who doesnt intercept the ball??? Just makes lots of fouls... sub him at HT otherwise i'm calling it now he's getting sent off.

That was really a stupid comment, i was sure Barca were stringing a few plays together, as soon as he said that they put over 9 passes together when they received the ball.
But aren't they supposed to be bias towards English teams or something?

Our left side is taking a pounding, dunno what we can do about it though. Think we've been pretty unlucky not to score, if RvP's first shot would have gone in then it would have been an awesome goal.

If we lose, it's not all that bad. Realistically, we all know Barca is a better side so by that measure, they deserve to progress further. It will benefit our domestic interests too as we can focus on those titles.

The longer that United and Chelsea stay in the Champions League, the better it is for Arsenal.

And what past history leads you to that conclusion? United have from off the top of head progressed further in all competitions of note for the past what, 5 years or so and also finshed ahead of them in the league. Winning it twice in that time as well.

That stage where Barcelona had constant possession for 3-4 minutes, and then when Arsenal got possession back through an offside and made maybe three passes afterwards: "Arsenal having their own 'olé' possession now..."

"Barcelona with their [something] and, some would say, snobbish attitude to football..." :confused:

Arsenal need to sub Song, would be near enough suicide for them to go down to 10 against Barca in this mood.

Its shocking, its utterly irresponsible and unforegiveable that SOng hasn't been subbed, not least because he's been utterly ineffective and stupid. He just has this thing, running to win ball, ball long gone, missed it, still sticks out a leg just has to, OCD or something.

THe ref has already done the "no more, thats it" and since then Song's done 3 fouls, 2 stupid one barely a foul. What on earth is Wenger thinking, that being down to 10 will help?

Arsenal, first 8-9 minutes, Theo gets the ball, none of this, should I stay or should I go rubbish, got the ball ran directly down the field at them, thats what I want to see from him, apart from that, nothing since then. Theo is a 5 minute player, 5 minutes from the start, or 5 mins when he's subbed on, thats all you'll get out of him. When closing down or doing anything, the whole team was working hard and Theo is just jogging inbetween players. Theo was great for 5 minutes, worthless waste of space since.

Nasri's done absolutely nothing today, even when he beat someone and got in facing goal right on the goal line he god damned turned back and passed to CLichy 25 yards back, he's 10 yards from goal, blast it into the box and see what happens. 99% of the time Nasri elects to turn and pass backwards this season unless he's given the ball in a shooting position inside the box.

RVP, should he have done more with his chance, maybe, since then, unable to hold the ball up in general.

The simple thing was, as I said, attack them HARD like in the first 10 minutes and Barca look VERY vunerable, as soon as we started the rubbish sideways passing, I mean the second we decided against the "got the ball run at them instantly" plan they got into the game.

Djourou is so flat footed its a joke, him and Kos are never, ever ready to follow a run in behind them, ever, its offside or its a chance for the other team, they do not cover runs at all.

We play like we did in the first 10 minutes, we could quite easily win this, but too many people aren't pulling their weight. Theo's dissappeared, Nasri was never in the game, Song is one wrong move from going off, Wilshire/Fabregas in general have been brilliant, RVP just is not capable of playing lone striker without support, he just isn't the guy who can hold off players, bring the ball down and wait for support.

Song off, Bendtner on in a 4-4-2 and attack like mad, Theo off for Arshavin aswell, though let him have his 5-6 minute spell in the second half where he can be bothered to run.

That stage where Barcelona had constant possession for 3-4 minutes, and then when Arsenal got possession back through an offside and made maybe three passes afterwards: "Arsenal having their own 'olé' possession now..."

"Barcelona with their [something] and, some would say, snobbish attitude to football..." :confused:

what:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is that a stream your watching or ITV, didn't hear that. Or am i being thick as part of a joke?

Not remember what happened last time you played Barca?
I'm pretty sure he is referring to have a go at them as in Attacking them, not actually winning the game, could be wrong.

I remember the time before that where we beat them well and then went on to win the competition as well.

Back
Top Bottom