UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

What makes you think that :confused:

Because Utd are definitely no Barca:p....I'd rather us lose to Barca then say another team....I dont see it being a bad thing, it's clear to see that we are nowhere close to Barca and never will be but losing to Barca and being knocked might be the best thing to happen to us this season....means we can concentrate on the epl and FA cup.

Theo is a 5 minute player, 5 minutes from the start, or 5 mins when he's subbed on, thats all you'll get out of him. When closing down or doing anything, the whole team was working hard and Theo is just jogging inbetween players. Theo was great for 5 minutes, worthless waste of space since.

Wrong, Theo has tracked back several times during the half, after the first five minutes, and hasn't really had that many great oppurtunities to run at them, receiving the ball in tight areas where he can't run.
I don't rate Walcott much, but he hasn't been that bad mate.

Pedro is poor, he was the main thorn in barca side when they played arsenal last time.

Replace him with nani, silva or super ronaldo and barca would be completely unstoppable IMO.

Disagree, read Sid Lowes article about him on the Guardian.

There isn't a single player that would get in to that Barca team imho.

And what past history leads you to that conclusion? United have from off the top of head progressed further in all competitions of note for the past what, 5 years or so and also finshed ahead of them in the league. Winning it twice in that time as well.

What do you mean past history. I'm going off current form and quality of squad. Barcalona are a better team. I'm not knocking Arsenal, I'm just being realistic here and saying being knocked out by what I view as the best or 2nd best team in the world isn't that bad, especially if we put up a good fight

Secondly, by losing here, we can concentrate strictly on domestic silverware and not stretch out squad. United and Chelsea should they continue (likely) in the Champions League will benefit Arsenal more as they will have to dedicate resources for Champions League.

I remember the time before that where we beat them well and then went on to win the competition as well.

Woops, i forgot about 09 final.
I meant 08 when you sat back and defended for dear life, hence Arsenal giving Barca more of a go than you did. Congrats on winning the competition after, i wasn't saying you couldn't beat Barca, i was saying you wouldn't go at them, touchy touchy.

I said to myself if Song doesn't get taken off he will cost us this match... then the Spanish omelettes scored.

I hope arsenal take onboard at half time that they need to keep cool and focused and they really need to stop giving the ball away as when they do they don't see the ball again for +2 minutes and this damagess confidence for Arsenal while feeding Barcelona's fire.

Have to agree that Pedro and messi aren't quite on all cylinders great game went so fast.

Makes me laugh how Pedro runs as well with his arms swinging outwards

Pedro is far from poor lol the kid is immense just having a quiet game

ITV. He definitely said 'some would say snobbish attitude to football' in regards to Barcelona although I can't remember what he was talking about specifically before that.

I do remember the loud snort I made at the time though. ;)

Okay for first 20 minutes i was eating duck pancakes, maybe i was too busy being fat, second half time.
Goodluck Arsenal, you'll need it.

Secondly, by losing here, we can concentrate strictly on domestic silverware and not stretch out squad. United and Chelsea should they continue (likely) in the Champions League will benefit Arsenal more as they will have to dedicate resources for Champions League.
And his point is that in the past this has not had any real noticable benefit for Arsenal.

What makes you think that :confused:

Read the rest of the post. :p

I mean we've a poor history against English sides in Europe in recent years. They play us twice a year and know us a bit better.

For example we got a draw against Barca last year, and could get one tonight as well. However in recent times when we've played you for example, the results have never really been unpredictable.

Because Utd are definitely no Barca:p....I'd rather us lose to Barca then say another team....I dont see it being a bad thing, it's clear to see that we are nowhere close to Barca and never will be but losing to Barca and being knocked might be the best thing to happen to us this season....means we can concentrate on the epl and FA cup.
I think we'd have more than a decent crack at the Catalan Globetrotters though, which is what you said originally.

*Edit: Whoops sorry, wasn't you; it was Greenlizard0

As I've said I think Arsenal's defending has been good, just not great.

I also think Eboue has been one of your better performers tonight. :p

Eboue has lost the ball a few times because he always tries to go past his man...thinks hes a RF RW or something...granted he does manage it sometimes still at least they havent been able to attack down his flank so much but on the left flank where the hell is the marking???? Clichy or the other one just hangs about in nomans land not marking but not covering dno wtf it was....

Arsenal defending is relying on

a) defenders all being in synch holding the line and

b) Attackers not playing a great ball through.

Against barca i think thats v v v tough indeed....impossible even.

Wilshere's playing good though (forgot him in my last post)

And his point is that in the past this has not had any real noticable benefit for Arsenal.

And my point is that it is a benefit. Whether we take advantage of that is another thing entirely. But look, we have a fitter squad than previous seasons and do not have the handicap of Almunia. We're in a better place than previous seasons.

Back
Top Bottom