UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

They didn't concede a goal doing it. Clichy was way out of position and played villa onside. They were flat footed on other occasions but the goal was not their fault.

only inept refereeing stopped it from happening though - their disallowed goal was exactly because of this (and no way was anyone offside before they scored)

Every player did well - not trying to be critical, just pointing out a home truth is all.

Song was also a little lucky to stay on the pitch long enough to be sub'd - he could have gone a couple of times after 1/2 time just through totting up the fouls committed since the yellow lol

Us. Last night. Do pay attention Frank.

Look at the original post - I stated "at Camp Nou" , where unless Im mistaken you were NOT playing last night (:

Also, why are people saying Barca could have had 3 or 4? if you assume they should have scored all their decent chances then surely you do the same for Arsenal, who had a fantastic chance in the opening minutes then several more over the span of the game. That always confuses me, saying one team should have had x goals and then ignoring the other teams chances

The team's "mental" abilities still have to be tested. If Barca's 2nd goal would have been allowed (and I hope you dont think it was fairly disallowed?) - do you really think you would have come back from 2-0 down. Just an opinion, but I think Arsenal started believing after Barca missed so many in the first 30 minutes - they could have been completely out of sight before your 1st one was scored. You did have 1/2 chances before that for sure, but none so clear cut as Messi's 1st chance that was amazingly missed

I think the commentary stated last night that last season you were still level at 1/2 time - did I hear that correctly? Last night it would have been easy to see you being 3-0 down at least (if the disallowed goal had been given) before 1/2 time - and before Arsenal had any really clear cut chances.

Arsenal did have some 1/2 chances early on - but they would have relied on Barca defender or Valdes making a mistake rather than you outplaying them (as you did late in the 2nd) - Even then VP's was a little unfortunate for Valdes, brilliantly taken goal not withstanding - but VV did make that little hop totally mistiming it. The winner was deservedly so - completely outplaying the defence & VV). Barca opened you up completely as if they were toying with you - yet they didnt take their chances.

that was the old arsenal , this team is not falling for that tatic as much now.

Thats exactly how a few EPL teams have beaten you this season - so not so "old Arsenal" after all (:

Last edited:
That is utterly cringeworthy
Yeah I thought so too.

It's odd though you don't really see photoshops or memes on here after certain clubs play and you do especially after others have their games. For instance I always know about each and every 'big' victory Tottenham have or what Liverpool fans hate now because they have 1,001 pictures on here afterwards, whereas I've never seen a shopped picture on here from say, a United or Villa fan. Must be forum demographics more than anything else.

Last edited:
Saw an interesting stat that Arsenal 'only' completed 299 passes compared to Barcelona's 692 - wonder if that's a combined record?

Especially based on this: http://numbersgameblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/arsenal-09-10-passing.html which has Arsenals average down as 160-odd!

Re: coming back from 2-0 down, that's an interesting point, but didn't Arsenal do exactly that last season:p

Last edited:
Djourou and Kos, multiple times were caught flat footed by passes in behind, unfortunately they always look flat footed, they conceded a goal doing it and probably were very lucky to have another dissallowed, and several others go just wide or not end up in the net. THey made that same mistake all night, they don't stand side on, the stand flat and facing forwards, when a runs made they don't match it, they just pray its offside. Yes Kos was huge in other situations, he made interceptions and he was very strong. But he got caught out MULTIPLE times, very easily, and just because it didn't cost us the win, it did cost us.

I noticed that a few times myself. I play in defence all the time and I was shouting at the screen when our back line failed to spot an obvious pass/run! Howwwwwever, we've just beaten barca so I'm not going to criticise them, they were immense at times!

Team for us tonight is as follows Reina, Johnson, Wilson, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Lucas, Aurelio, Kuyt, Maxi, Meireles, Ngog. Subs: Gulacsi, Skrtel, Kelly, Coady, Cole, Pacheco, Jovanovic. From our official website link http://thekop.liverpoolfc.tv/_With-the-team-in-Prague/blog/3315055/173471.html

Well i would want Kelly to start imo, Drop Carra stick Skrtel in or possible Carra only plays one of the halves and also Start Pacheco but hey im not the manager but its KK so we trust him.

Arsenal's defending was a bit comical at times even in the second half, I laughed at one point when Arsenal tried to run the ball out of the box and gave it away to Messi on the edge of the area, Messi started running at goal while the centre back was stood pulling up his sock oblivious to it, fortunately the keeper came out and Messi fluffed the chance into the side netting rather than squaring it.

Was only rumours i dont re-call KK ever saying he would be a 100% confirmed starter just that he might be considered i would rather Pacheco got the chance over him anyway

I'll probably bother to watch the Liverpool game tonight just to see if this young lad gets on.

After listening to that QPR youth coach confessing his undeniable love for the boy with Gray & Keys today, I imagine he's decent.

Must admit that sterling was awesome on Monday, but he has just barely turned 16 , plenty of time and don't want to throw him in too early. Just the experience of being with the first team will do wonders for him even if not playing. Better still, kill this tie off here tonight , make the 2nd leg a formality and that way Sterling can play the second leg at Anfield instead.

Last edited:
....and that way Sterling can play the second leg at Anfield instead.

Doubt it, it will be a school night ;)

All this talk of Sterling being involved today was incredibly premature. Since Kenny took over he's made a point of inviting 2 or 3 of the youth players to train with the first team and then travel with them to the games. The other week it was Suso and Coady, this week it was Sterling, Flanagan and Robinson's turn. I'd imagine the only reason Coady has travelled again and is actually on the bench today, is simply because we've only got 2 available CM's with Spearing, Shelvey and Gerrard injured and Poulsen's wife giving birth.

Back
Top Bottom