UEFA Champions League/Europa League 6/7/8 March *** Spoilers ***

Associate
We have never turned up against a top european side since we lost in the CL final . every time we go up against a top European side we get spanked.

infact, AC Milan spanked us when we last played them in the CL!!!
I had no idea AC Milan were so bad now. They say "undefeated in 13 not conceded in 6 games in a row" but then you realise they are 7th in the table and haven't finished in the top 3 the last 5 seasons. We remember AC Milan as a great European powerhouse team but they're more like an Everton these days I guess.

Soldato
Playing well is a bit of a stretch too.
We have never turned up against a top european side since we lost in the CL final . every time we go up against a top European side we get spanked.

infact, AC Milan spanked us when we last played them in the CL!!!

It'd be more accurate to say not turned up over two legs. Against Milan they lost 4-0 away and then won 3-0 at home. Since the CL final there's also been the odd 'one good leg' like beating peak Barca at home, beating Bayern home and away, but they've never been able to pull something off both fixtures, although more often than not it was because they got drawn against the best teams in the tournament because of an inability to top their group before the knockouts.

Caporegime
I had no idea AC Milan were so bad now. They say "undefeated in 13 not conceded in 6 games in a row" but then you realise they are 7th in the table and haven't finished in the top 3 the last 5 seasons. We remember AC Milan as a great European powerhouse team but they're more like an Everton these days I guess.

Hardly makes them like Everton, until this year Manu hadn't finished in the top 3 for over 4 years and finished 7th in one of those seasons. Where as Everton haven't finished in the top 3 since 1987. I think the comparison is about as far away as you can get. As an Everton fan I'd take being compared to AC Milan any day but I think they are more like a Liverpool or Arsenal right now. Arsenal can't win. Lose and they get slaughtered even though everyone was spouting how badly they were going to get beat, win and it's because AC Milan are now garbage.

I hope Arsenal win it. I hope he then retires on a high.

Associate
Hardly makes them like Everton, until this year Manu hadn't finished in the top 3 for over 4 years and finished 7th in one of those seasons. Where as Everton haven't finished in the top 3 since 1987. I think the comparison is about as far away as you can get. As an Everton fan I'd take being compared to AC Milan any day but I think they are more like a Liverpool or Arsenal right now. Arsenal can't win. Lose and they get slaughtered even though everyone was spouting how badly they were going to get beat, win and it's because AC Milan are now garbage.

I hope Arsenal win it. I hope he then retires on a high.
My comparison to Everton was more that they're the team on the outside of the main pack. Usually a fair way from first and competed for the league.

After the big 6 I would say Everton have been the most successful over the last 4-5 years. That's how I see AC now. They're the team outside the main title challengers, I wouldn't say they are 7th best in Italy because they dont have a big 6 like England does now but they have dropped into the 2nd tier of teams imo.

Caporegime
Or the penalty where every single Juve defender had a handful of ever Spurs attackers shirt at every set-play.

Spurs biggest failure was not being 2 or 3 goals up at HT. Spurs didn't play great football and create clear chances but what Spurs were doing is simply overrunning them and winning the ball back when Juve tried to play out of the back - Spurs had so many 3 on 3's or 2 on 2's but their final ball or shot let them down.

Juve lucky not to have anyone sent off, not covered in highlights and maybe not even on TV but there were so many tackles that were late, with Juve players just kicking out. Not forgetting this...

KqWxzyr.png

We limited them to 2 chances and they took both, if we were more clinical we'd be in the draw for the next round.

I do find the whole narrative around Tottenham amusing, from mocking Tottenham to only making into the Europa, then mocking them because they won't be able to get out their group and then being labelled bottlers for losing 4-3 on agg to last years finalists.

Back
Top Bottom