UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Don
The stadium isn't meant to impact spending power - I think we'll have £100m to spend. We need some central midfielders, a striker and some right backs.

I'd love Gomes and Tielemens.
Haven't we seen that it's done exactly that already and that's before you started having to pay for it. Matchday revenue compared to this and last season at Wembley is only going to increase by £30m odd but you're going to have financing costs of £40-50m. As I said, in the medium term the benefit wil be Spurs not having to spend their existing revenue on building the stadium as they have done now (every spare penny the club has generated plus the £500m+ worth of loans has gone into the stadium) but this summer might come a bit too soon for that. Ignoring the extra revenue and finance costs of the new stadium, moving forwards Spurs should be able to spend £50m+ net each season just from existing revenue.

Soldato
Haven't we seen that it's done exactly that already and that's before you started having to pay for it. Matchday revenue compared to this and last season at Wembley is only going to increase by £30m odd but you're going to have financing costs of £40-50m. As I said, in the medium term the benefit wil be Spurs not having to spend their existing revenue on building the stadium as they have done now (every spare penny the club has generated plus the £500m+ worth of loans has gone into the stadium) but this summer might come a bit too soon for that. Ignoring the extra revenue and finance costs of the new stadium, moving forwards Spurs should be able to spend £50m+ net each season just from existing revenue.
There was tension last summer that Poch didn't want sign anyone that he wasn't absolutely sure of but the players he wanted were out of our price range.

Levy loves a deal but Poch doesn't like flabby squads. Im hoping that the year off spending results in a bit of a bonus this year.

The other thing is that we invested a lot in paying new contracts and revising our wage structure last summer. Son, Kane and Ali all signed up to bumper contracts which I think also ate into funds.

GET IN.

Don
There was tension last summer that Poch didn't want sign anyone that he wasn't absolutely sure of but the players he wanted were out of our price range.

Levy loves a deal but Poch doesn't like flabby squads. Im hoping that the year off spending results in a bit of a bonus this year.

The other thing is that we invested a lot in paying new contracts and revising our wage structure last summer. Son, Kane and Ali all signed up to bumper contracts which I think also ate into funds.

GET IN.
I'm not sure I buy that but if it's true you've got no excuses today if the manager's chose not to hold a bigger squad.

Back
Top Bottom