1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by Cosimo, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Kelt

Sgarrista

12000 tickets for fans out of a 68000 capacity stadium.

Utter disgrace.

2. BaZ87

Don

Just one thing on these ticket allocations, particularly the EL with the final in Baku (although that in itself is a made decision by UEFA). It's typically only English sides whose fans travel in numbers to European finals. Last season Real didn't sell out their entire allocation for the CL final, I can remember back in 2005 Milan returned a few thousand tickets for the CL final and of the tickets they sold, a couple of thousand were bought by Liverpool fans. Had it not been a Chelsea - Arsenal final then the game probably isn't selling out.

3. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Sounds a bit like f1 where majority of the fans that go to races abroad are British

4. adam cool dude

Soldato

It has always been like that. I remember the 2011 final there was only 6000 tickets for United fans which is gobbled straight up by season ticket holders which itself was a lottery, then you had wembley's 5000 pool which I had no chance of getting. That's 8500 tickets for one side in a 90,000 seat stadium!

5. elmuzzy66.

Capodecina

Nice to see that both liverpool and spurs have British players in their 1st 11. Also Southampton will have 9 ex players in the cl final.

6. Janesy B

Capodecina

Yes they can.

Come on you Spuds.

7. CliffyG

Capodecina

Not only is it miles away I heard on the radio that Azerbaijan are in the middle of quite a severe dispute with Armenia. Mkhitaryan couldn't play vs Qarabag earlier in the season because of this. So how the **** are UEFA allowing a final to be played in a place where not all nationalities can play.

8. BaZ87

Don

Standard UEFA madness tbf. Last years CL final in Kiev was a nightmare with fans stranded after their flight was cancelled at the last minute because the airport couldn't cope with the number of flights incoming and not enough hotel rooms available. I mentioned last year how a number of fans were hiring private jets at the cost of £2k per person as it worked out cheaper than paying for a regular flight and hotel for the night.

It might not be fair but UEFA should just stick to 5 or 6 of the biggest stadiums, in major European cities that can cope with the influx of supporters - Wembley, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Stade de France and San Siro for example. You're not going to have a fraction of the issues as you would holding the final in Azerbaijan or in the CL's case this season, you're going to have an extra 15-20k tickets that could go to actual fans.

9. BaZ87

Don

UEFA have released a statement regarding the ticket allocation for the EL final, basically saying that Baku can only handle around 15k people traveling from abroad :/ How about not hosting the final there then?

10. Robbo

Don

What an absolute joke. There’s the Mkhitaryan thing too.

11. Apone70

Wise Guy

They will get much more than that for the F1

12. Yas786

Caporegime

What a lolworthy bunch of idiots UEFA are...

13. CliffyG

Capodecina

It couldn't get much more ridiculous.

14. adam cool dude

Soldato

That's rubbish because the 2011 final was the same and that was with an English side at Wembley!

15. BaZ87

Don

I can't pretend I knew the allocation for 2011 but a quick google says each side received around 25k tickets which is more than usual for a UEFA event. It's typically around 50% to the two finalists and the rest to UEFA which is a joke but this (less than 25%) really is unprecedented. This isn't a defence of UEFA because it was a ****ing stupid decision to host the game in Baku but I'm sure they're telling the truth regarding the reason for such a small allocation. The mess of Kiev with the airport not being able to handle the volume of flights and the City not having enough hotels probably prompted UEFA to cut the two finalists allocation and give more tickets out to locals.

16. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

So how did Baku managed to host the f1 race a few weeks ago with even larger crowd of f1 fans there?

17. BaZ87

Don

That's not really a question for me. I have no idea how many people attended the race nor do I know homw many of those flew in or were locals.

18. adam cool dude

Soldato

I would have thought a large number of the spectators were locals and the tickets were quite cheap.

19. Sui

Mobster

So Mikhi isn't going to the Europa final because he cannot be guaranteed safety, at this point shouldn't Arsenal be boycotting this game? It's completely absurd that this is allowed to even happen, **** UEFA.

20. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Its a joke