• Man.U. & Chelsea

Votes: 71 28.2%
  • Arsenal & Barcelona

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Arsenal & Chelsea

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters
Associate
All these man utd are going destroy barca comments are a joke. Its a final not a 2 leg tie were a team can defend for 100 mins. I can see i of utd CB getting sent off.

UTD have a better balanced side. I think it will be quiet similiar to the barca/chelsea game with utd putting a lot of men behind the ball and hitting on the break. I also wouldn't be surprised if SAF went with a similiar setup to tuesdays team and left Ronaldo up front on his own as UTD will be expecting their wide players to help out their fullbacks against henry/messi.

Soldato
Arsenal, are a very good side, but they're made to look brilliant by average and poor sides in the Premier league. Teams like Bolton who park the bus because they lack any ability to play "football", they allow Arsenal time and space.

If Arsenal played like that in the final against Barca, Gustov is right, Arsenal would be lucky to keep it below the highest scoring european game ever :D

Is that average teams like when they beat Man Utd in the league? I guess Man Utd must have parked the bus up that day because they lack any ability to play football?

Any more rubbish you want to spout out? :rolleyes:

Arsenal have been heavily hit by injury for the past two seasons beacause they lack a decent size squad and desperately unlucky. If Arsenal had all their players back then their season would have been a lot different.

Imagine if Man Utd lost Ronaldo for six months? I am sure they wouldnt be top of the league if he were.

Soldato
UTD have a better balanced side. I think it will be quiet similiar to the barca/chelsea game with utd putting a lot of men behind the ball and hitting on the break. I also wouldn't be surprised if SAF went with a similiar setup to tuesdays team and left Ronaldo up front on his own as UTD will be expecting their wide players to help out their fullbacks against henry/messi.

ITs a dangerous game to play. IMO the best way to play barca is to keep the ball. Why change the way you play, utd are good with possesion and should stay true to its style.

Caporegime
Is that average teams like when they beat Man Utd in the league? I guess Man Utd must have parked the bus up that day because they lack any ability to play football?

Any more rubbish you want to spout out? :rolleyes:

Arsenal have been heavily hit by injury for the past two seasons beacause they lack a decent size squad and desperately unlucky. If Arsenal had all their players back then their season would have been a lot different.

Imagine if Man Utd lost Ronaldo for six months? I am sure they wouldnt be top of the league if he were.

Rubbish, heavily hit by injury? Fabregas, he's the ONLY first team starter we've had out for any length of time this season. ok Gallas and CLichy now but frankly, the season was over when they were out. Rosicky would NOT be starting ahead of Nasri this year, nor THeo. I would start him, but Wenger wouldn't be starting him. LIkewise Eduardo wasn't being started over Ade last year pre injury, or in the games since he's been back from injury.

Fabregas is the solitary long term injury who would have started every game if he was fit.

Man U have had lots of small niggling short term injuries to almost all of thier first team at some stage of the season, Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Neville, Brown. But they havne't had if very bad. Chelsea had Drogba, Essien, Cole out for longer than Fabregas, aswell as shorter injuries to Terry, Carvalho. Liverpool with Torres and Gerrard. INjuries is an Arsenal excuse, we've had one of our best years in terms of injuries to ACTUAL FIRST TEAM STARTERS, compared to the last 4-5 years our first team has been pretty good damn healthy till very late in the season.

Yes, we beat Man U in the league by scoring 2 of very few chances. Ronaldo and ROoney between them missed what most people woudl consider 5 ridiculously good chances, and 2-3 more than in a great game they would have scored. On another day we would have lost that 6-2, it WAS our best day and we still almost lost, it was a poor game and unlucky for Man U and they still almost beat us.

I've said it for well over a month, I'm happy to go out in the semi rather than get utterly trounced in the final against barca, had that happened I think it would have been the catalyst for RVP, Fabregas, Gallas to all head off with many more to follow after the season we'd have without them.

Soldato
Rubbish, heavily hit by injury? Fabregas, he's the ONLY first team starter we've had out for any length of time this season. ok Gallas and CLichy now but frankly, the season was over when they were out.

They both missed the 3 biggest games of the season, the season was not over when they where injured.

Rosicky would NOT be starting ahead of Nasri this year, nor THeo. I would start him, but Wenger wouldn't be starting him. LIkewise Eduardo wasn't being started over Ade last year pre injury, or in the games since he's been back from injury.

And you know Rosicky wouldn't have started infront of those 2, how? It's not so much about players starting, but having the chance to change things, freshen up teams, and bring on players like Eduardo to change games.

Was Walcott not out for several months, or is it more selective posting?

Soldato
They both missed the 3 biggest games of the season, the season was not over when they where injured.

And you know Rosicky wouldn't have started infront of those 2, how? It's not so much about players starting, but having the chance to change things, freshen up teams, and bring on players like Eduardo to change games.

Was Walcott not out for several months, or is it more selective posting?

It not even up for debate how badly we've been hit by injuries this season surely :confused:. Ade, Cesc, Waclott, Rosicky, Eduardo, Clichy, Gallas all longish injuries. Also Toure was in and out lots, as was RvP. I'm sure there were others too.

Associate
It not even up for debate how badly we've been hit by injuries this season surely :confused:. Ade, Cesc, Waclott, Rosicky, Eduardo, Clichy, Gallas all longish injuries. Also Toure was in and out lots, as was RvP. I'm sure there were others too.

Also compounded by the fact that Arsenal have a smaller squad than the other top 4 clubs.

Don
cupcup.gif

Soldato
Question to Man U fans.

Are you glad it's Barcelona as your opponents rather than Chelsea? I have a feeling you are.

Happier with Barca as I think Chelsea would look to play a compacted midfield (of 8 or 9!!!!).

I don't think it's going to be the classic everyone is expecting and if anything I thik Utd could be the ones doing the spoiling here. They key to beating Barca will be holdig the ball as much as possible and keeping it away from Iniesta and Xavi.

Given that Pique and Puyol are slower than me, don't be suprised to see Ronaldo playing up front again with Rooney wide offering some protetcion to Evra

Caporegime
OP

Since when did I call all the Premier League teams average ?
Didn't think so. I said the teams that park the bus make you look better then you are. If you re read what I wrote, I also called you a very good side, who are made to look "brilliant" by teams that park the bus. Go read what I said again.

Every Team is hit by injuries, so what if you lost Fabergas ? and Rosicky ? We have being without Hargreaves and Brown, first choice right back and possibly our first choice center / defensive midfielder.

United have good depth in squad, Ronaldo is a great and important player for us, but we did without him at the start of the season. We didn't do so badly then.

All teams pick up injuries.

Caporegime
OP
Never understood this second team glory hunting. Especially when the term 'we' is used and 'for us'.

I have a lot of family, that support Manchester United as they're from near Manchester. My Grandad and his brothers are Doncaster Rovers fans, I also like Doncaster Rovers.

I also have family from Newcastle :(

I've being to Old Trafford many many times, I used to watch Donny when I was little and wasn't watching Sheffield Wednesday.
Shoot me for likeing 3 clubs, I also have a soft spot for Leicester as my friends follow them, hang me ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Since when did I call all the Premier League teams average ?
Didn't think so. I said the teams that park the bus make you look better then you are. If you re read what I wrote, I also called you a very good side, who are made to look "brilliant" by teams that park the bus. Go read what I said again.

Every Team is hit by injuries, so what if you lost Fabergas ? and Rosicky ? We have being without Hargreaves and Brown, first choice right back and possibly our first choice center / defensive midfielder.

United have good depth in squad, Ronaldo is a great and important player for us, but we did without him at the start of the season. We didn't do so badly then.

All teams pick up injuries.

I don't think you've watched many Arsenal games then, we are generally terrible against teams that park the bus and always struggle to break them down.

As listed above we lost more than just 2 players and unlike Man U we don't have a squad which can cope as easily. We've had lots of injuries and not enough cover. When you have Diaby (who himself ended up injured), Denilson, Ramsay and Song playing in a midfield 4 you know that your squad is lacking somewhat.

Caporegime
OP
I don't think you've watched many Arsenal games then, we are generally terrible against teams that park the bus and always struggle to break them down.

As listed above we lost more than just 2 players and unlike Man U we don't have a squad which can cope as easily. We've had lots of injuries and not enough cover. When you have Diaby (who himself ended up injured), Denilson, Ramsay and Song playing in a midfield 4 you know that your team is lacking somewhat.

I've seen a fair bit of Arsenal, as I have Chelsea and Liverpool, Sky like the big four ;)

And Birmingham, they like them for some reason.

No you don't have the best cover, but you do have cover. Denilson is alright, Ramsay has started in the Champions League ? he can't be that bad. Song, has being really good for you when I've seen him, an Arsenal friend rates him as being brilliant last few months.

Manchester United, like Arsenal and every other team in the League pick up injuries, you're not alone in not having the same amout of cover as United, Look at a lot of teams below you. You're in 4th place, your season can't have being that badly affected by injuries.

Sheffield Wednesday were starting 3/4 loan players and youth players because of injuries :p we didn't complain :D

Soldato
They are all ok but not with each other, you need 3 stronger players with them. Song is a little different as he has grown into a decent DM this season.

I'm pretty sure that if we weren't hit with the injuries we had we'd be a hell of a lot closer to the top than we are now. At one point we had 6 or 7 first teamers out.

Caporegime
OP
They are all ok but not with each other, you need 3 stronger players with them. Song is a little different as he has grown into a decent DM this season.

I'm pretty sure that if we weren't hit with the injuries we had we'd be a hell of a lot closer to the top than we are now. At one point we had 6 or 7 first teamers out.

Liverpool have had their two, best players out for long periods of the season and are still second ;)

Song to grow in to a first choice defensive midfielder ?

Soldato
Covering for 1 or 2 is not as bad as 6 or 7.

I think so, he can definitely do a job there, the problem is he is the only one who can so we either need some backup or a more established DM.

Back
Top Bottom