UEFA Euro 2016 - Round of 16 **spoilers** (25th - 27th June)

Man of Honour
OP
"I don't really know what I'm doing here."

Unbelievable. His statement last night was nowhere near sufficient.

Just watched it. Astonishing. All along I've been confused as to how he got the job, and how he kept the job. He did nothing right.

I'm delighted he's gone, I hope the FA make a bold appointment and whoever it is can bring some excitement to our national game.

Soldato
Just watched it. Astonishing. All along I've been confused as to how he got the job, and how he kept the job. He did nothing right.

I'm delighted he's gone, I hope the FA make a bold appointment and whoever it is can bring some excitement to our national game.

Because he's a yes man and the FA are incompetent.

Man of Honour
Had high hopes for Dele Alli. Hopefully he can develop into a real playmaker for England.

I thought Alli did pretty well all tournament especially when you consider what he had to work with but I don't think he is gonna develop into something special as a playmaker but a very solid support player who isn't a disgrace to a team playing at that level.

Rashford looked like he has a lot of potential.

Lallana was the only one who really looked like he was playing at "world class" level, Sturridge and Vardy played serviceable games but only so much they can do with the rest of the composition of the squad (EDIT: And as someone else said when they are mostly in it somewhat for themselves).

1-2 others like Cahill played a competent enough game - I definitely think there is enough talent there that a good manager could utilise to get a good result in the Euros or World Cup.

EDIT: Despite what some say I think the squad lost all confidence in their manager at half-time in the Iceland game they just went to pieces and that was more than just Iceland putting them under pressure.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think Kane is even slightly overrated. I think he was very jaded. Watching him this tournament, he is a prime example of a player who simply had nothing left after a long season, one of his first full seasons. Hopefully he will improve in this regard.

Associate
Kane was under par but the tactics did nothing to help him, he spent most of his time out of the box either back to goal trying to hold it up or drifting wide or deep taking long shots out of frustration, may as well have taken Andy Carroll if that's what Roy wanted to play like, I can't remember him having quick one two's, being played through or have a decent cross to attack once

Back
Top Bottom