UEFA Euro 2016 - Round of 16 **spoilers** (25th - 27th June)

Soldato
If you want to see something really amusing look up Danny Bakers tweets after the game, that dude goes off on one big time :D (too much swearing to link here).

I think last night was the night I finally gave up watching the England team. I am so fed up of the attitude from the FA and the constant calamity surrounding the England team. I think that performance was a step too far for me. You hear the same spiel constantly but as Joe Hart said "They are just words". They feed us the same lines time and time again and they make no meaningful changes. But why would they? They make so much money and seem to lack the balls to make changes from the bottom up. Changing managers isn't the solution to the problem, more needs to be done to develop English players. Technically most are average and teams pay a premium for them because of the marketing money that can be made from selling shirts. They aren't buying quality, they are buying an investment.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hodgson saying that he doesn't really know what he's doing there.

Well yeah Roy, that's what i've been thinking for the last 4 years.

Just thought I'd misheard that! Jesus, he was the highest paid manager in the tournament, has been found wanting and yet doesn't know why he should be there explaining to the fans what went wrong?

He should have gone after the World Cup, he's clueless and inept, pretty much like the team and the FA who appointed him and kept him on.

Soldato
What a dreadful thing to say. Explain what went wrong, say what you might have done differently, don't just say "I dont know why I'm here" when asked to give a press conference :/

Actually no it isnt - only in the fact that who ever was there the public statement will always be the same and its never any different, very little fact and just plattitudes that dont mean much.

Of course I want him to say exactly what was wrong, but maybe that isnt possible (either legally, or its too fresh or multitude of other things) - its just never going to happen within 24hrs but the media machine needs to be fed these days

Soldato
I knew there was a reason I moved to Iceland 6 months ago.
First we leave the EU (which I very much disagree with) then Iceland beat England in the Euros.

I tell you what...I was in the right place for that match last night. The town centre here was crazy. 10,000 people or something all gathered to watch it outside.

I know I'm English but I'm glad Iceland won. Deserved it

:D

Caporegime
Still going on, on Sky.

He's basically saying we only had one bad game at the tournament, played some really good stuff box to box. He got really riled up about the criticism he's had during the tournament about making changes, team selections and he specifically mentioned Kane taking corners (lol at that by the way) - he effectively stormed out on the brink of a meltdown.

Thank **** he's gone.

Last edited:
Caporegime

You aren't the only one. Playing as badly as they have, it would only have prolonged the misery, and been harsh on Iceland, had England got lucky and scraped through.

But Iceland played well and the better team won. It was undeniably the right result.

I don't dislike England - just the way they play :p And this tournament has been their worst. It's not unfair to say they played the worst football in the whole competition. NI, etc, didn't disgrace themselves quite like England last night.

There is just nothing positive to take from this. Roy is an idiot for suggesting otherwise. Well, Roy is just an idiot. Period.

Caporegime
I don't dislike England - just the way they play :p And this tournament has been their worst. It's not unfair to say they played the worst football in the whole competition. NI, etc, didn't disgrace themselves quite like England last night.

There can be no doubt we haven't, and we won't see a worse 45 minute performance in this competition. Possibly won't again.

That 45 minutes was pub level ****. I've never seen that many mistakes in a half, never.

How many times did Rooney give it away? How many times did a player mis-control it? We couldn't pass the ball 5 yards. It really was atrocious, basic level garbage.

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem started before we even kicked a ball in the Euro's. Roy picked the wrong squad, decided to pick players of reputation over form.

Which ment when plan A went down the drain, the back up plan was nonexistent.

At least he got what he deserved.

Soldato
I knew there was a reason I moved to Iceland 6 months ago.
First we leave the EU (which I very much disagree with) then Iceland beat England in the Euros.

I tell you what...I was in the right place for that match last night. The town centre here was crazy. 10,000 people or something all gathered to watch it outside.

Bjork_Quiet_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom