UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why when we're defending a lead like this, is the first thought of every player to hoof it up the field back to the opponent?

It's like they enjoy inviting pressure on themselves.

Kane doesn't have the pace to beat the defence but surely you'd want him playing to hold up the ball when we just hoof it clear?

We want someone who poses a threat on the counter. Rashford through the middle will be better.

He just doesnt have someone like Fernandes behind him, or proper overloads left and right.

It's the English way, always has been, nothing much changes unfortunately
It wouldn't be so bad if they left one or two England players up there, so when they hoof the ball there's a chance of making something from it.

But all 11 players are inside their own half, and the hoof is just straight to the opponent.

Kane doesn't have the pace to beat the defence but surely you'd want him playing to hold up the ball when we just hoof it clear?

No. He's barely touched the ball, clearly off the pace of the game. Hopefully Southgate doesn't feel pressured into playing him every game but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I know he scored but how many times does Sterling want to overhit the pass to Rashford. There’s acres of space there and he pumps it too long, give him a chance ffs

If you mean Sterling, he was 2 yards from the goal line when he wacked it? Surely that's allowed?
Not it's a pattern, not one incident. When we're hanging on in a situation like this, everybody is back in their own half, and every time we get the ball we just hoof it away, rather than keeping it and frustrating the opponent.

And since we don't leave even a single player as an outlet up the field, it just comes straight back at us.

It's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom