UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one comes out the blocks flying in these tournaments!

They did okay, nothing special but did the job. Interesting to hear if Kane is nursing an injury or something because he just seemed so off the pace.

Typical boring England match, good result, fairly comfortable but never really got going in an attacking sense. I don't think the Group F runners-up will be too worried should we win the group.

You miserable ****** lol.

we just won our first opening game at a euro tournament, we started well and did what we had to do, very happy as a starting position to build on from here.

Better than losing the ball in our defensive 3rd trying to play out from the back. There is a reason that teams do what we're doing, because its safer when 1 up and 5 to go.
But they don't all do what we do. You don't see the like of Germany or Spain playing that way.

People seem to forget the first game at Euro 96. A win in the first game is a massive positive. Yes the performance wasn't the best but we were never under any real pressure and look very comfortable. I'm hoping we play a bit more attacking vs Scotland though.

Got the result which is all that matters, we move on. Zero point hitting full speed in the 1st match. All about finding form when it's crunch time.

yea, you do. If Spain and Germany are 1 up with 5 to go against a big side, they aren't going to be playing cute in the backline.
I've watched enough games and don't recall the same kind of aimless "hoof it and hope" from those teams.

I'm not saying they should overplay it at the back, but it's not a binary choice between playing from the back and hoofing it all the way up the pitch to the opposition's goalkeeper.

The better sides manage to clear it to one of their own players, at least 50% of the time. England just hoof it away and prepare for another onslaught.

I've watched enough games and don't recall the same kind of aimless "hoof it and hope" from those teams.

I'm not saying they should overplay it at the back, but it's not a binary choice between playing from the back and hoofing it all the way up the pitch to the opposition's goalkeeper.

The better sides manage to clear it to one of their own players, at least 50% of the time. England just hoof it away and prepare for another onslaught.

England's long ball accuracy was 33% today, Italys on Friday was 36%.

I think you are seeing stuff that isn't there. A couple of hoofs to clear the ball away from the danger area towards the end of the game is nothing to get worked up about

I find it hilarious that people are finding things to complain about. We controlled the game and won against a good side.

We dictated the pace of the game and had the best chances. Creativity and defence were balanced and that’s how you win tournaments. You don’t win by being fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom