UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because your to narrow viewed to see that one player doesn't make the team. When one guy keeps making all the runs and getting constantly dispossessed he might look like he's working hard but frankly he's just detrimental to the squad a whole. We need a stronger player to feed the like of Kane and Foden and Sterling isn't that

Sterling was englands best forward mate. Its simply a fact. Kane and Foden were both poor. Kane had a 63% pass completion rate...that's not on Sterling is it.

Sterling was englands best forward mate. Its simply a fact. Kane and Foden were both poor. Kane had a 63% pass completion rate...that's not on Sterling is it.

I've rewatched the game and I disagree but we're both welcome to our opinions. I watched him play very very deep left for the first half, pass backwards mostly and was very loose with key passes and soft in challenges.

I've rewatched the game and I disagree but we're both welcome to our opinions. I watched him play very very deep left for the first half, pass backwards mostly and was very loose with key passes and soft in challenges.

At least he touched the ball and influenced the game, Kane was a bystander.

Sterling played the majority of the game high in the second third and very rarely was he in his own half so i think thats harsh tbh. Had a 80% pass completion rate compared to Kanes 65%.

At least he touched the ball and influenced the game, Kane was a bystander.

Exactly. He should have scored 2 or 3 dont get me wrong but he was at least in those positions and was a pain for the Croatia back line all game.

Last time Scotland played in a tournament I was blootered in a Scottish Bar in Gran Canaria - buy a pint, get one free, 6 round/12 pints later - mental.....WOOOFFTTT
Now- eating a chicken wrap, with a mortgage, 2 kids and need to go food shopping later....Times have changed....

Because your to narrow viewed to see that one player doesn't make the team. When one guy keeps making all the runs and getting constantly dispossessed he might look like he's working hard but frankly he's just detrimental to the squad a whole. We need a stronger player to feed the like of Kane and Foden and Sterling isn't that

This is my feeling Sterling reminds me of Rooney, Rooney would always come deep to pick up the ball from the defence, spray long balls and look like he was making a big contribution every match but his role in the team was largely ineffectual and hindered the balance of the team as a whole.

I suppose we can give Sterling a pass for yesterday but he seems to be wasteful a lot of the time, running into players and misplacing shots. We need someone like Son to partner Kane.

This is pretty much the definition of a scrappy game. Lots of turn-overs, lots of long balls, very little sustained possession from either side.

LOL, and then as I'm typing this Czechs score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom