UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is we didn’t set the world on fire but it felt pretty comfortable, at no point was I nervous and biting my nails.

I reckon Sterling could score a hatrick and he’d still get slated on here. Yes, I wanted Grealish to start but I thought Sterling did well and was probably our second best player. Fluffed a couple of chances, but he gets in positions to have chances, what did Kane do other that trot around the pitch?

Kane was equally terrible or even more so than sterling but who else do we have that can play down the middle? Greenwood is injured and DCL has been poor for months.

The point is both Grealish and Rashford have been better this season and would be better down that left hand side.

Kane was equally terrible or even more so than sterling but who else do we have that can play down the middle? Greenwood is injured and DCL has been poor for months.

The point is both Grealish and Rashford have been better this season and would be better down that left hand side.

Patrick Bamf....Oh

He would have been great to bring on in the last 10mins. Such a waste. Should have had a sub striker for when losing and winning.

Wait so DCL has been poor for months but play Rashford? The same Rashford that got beaten for goals by the following English players:

Kane
Bamford
DCL
Vardy
Watkins
Wilson
Ings

Every single one of those plays in a worse side than he's in too and Ings spends most of it injured. He has one foot and is pony, for all the stick Sterling is getting I have no idea how Rashford get's in the team. Even the commentators dare not criticise the 'man of the year'. I would have played DCL down the middle if Kane was struggling, but I don't think there's anyone better to put them away if we get half a chance than Kane. So he stays on.

Wait so DCL has been poor for months but play Rashford? The same Rashford that got beaten for goals by the following English players:

Kane
Bamford
DCL
Vardy
Watkins
Wilson
Ings

Every single one of those plays in a worse side than he's in too and Ings spends most of it injured. He has one foot and is pony, for all the stick Sterling is getting I have no idea how Rashford get's in the team. Even the commentators dare not criticise the 'man of the year'. I would have played DCL down the middle if Kane was struggling, but I don't think there's anyone better to put them away if we get half a chance than Kane. So he stays on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers/assists

Rashford has never been stay in the box striker. Nearly a 1000 complete passes in the season. Bamford is on 400 with more games.

It's all about what kind of football England want to play. Rashford is part of a team that play pressing football, something England will have to do unless they plan on trying to win the tournament with long balls.

Kane was playing poorly and Rashford made sense as the replacement.

Kane
Bamford
DCL
Vardy
Watkins
Wilson
Ings

Rashford has got 21 goals last season and 22 before that. All the players you mention above him are main target men and play up front for their clubs. Rashford plays on left.

Are you saying every striker is rubbish below Fernandes because a midfielder got more goals?

You need to be comparing Rashford's goals to Mane and Sterling who got 16 and 14 in all comps and are 3 and 6 years older with both arguably in their prime.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers/assists

Rashford has never been stay in the box striker. Nearly a 1000 complete passes in the season. Bamford is on 400 with more games.

It's all about what kind of football England want to play. Rashford is part of a team that play pressing football, something England will have to do unless they plan on trying to win the tournament with long balls.

Kane was playing poorly and Rashford made sense as the replacement.

Rashford didn't even come on for Kane. He came on for Foden and played down the right. Arguably his weakest position. Gareth knows what he is doing though......

Rashford didn't even come on for Kane. He came on for Foden and played down the right. Arguably his weakest position. Gareth knows what he is doing though......

Like I said at the time. He should have come on for Kane. Once Bellingham came on he did take the central position.

I'm not sure what point you are making anyway. The person I was replying to said DCL should have come on. You think he meant the right?

I don't think Foden should have been taken off unless he was at risk of a red card which I don't think he was. Not the kind of player to dive in.

Like I said at the time. He should have come on for Kane. Once Bellingham came on he did take the central position.

I'm not sure what point you are making anyway. The person I was replying to said DCL should have come on. You think he meant the right?

I don't think Foden should have been taken off unless he was at risk of a red card which I don't think he was. Not the kind of player to dive in.

I think Sterling should have been swapped for Rashford and DCL for Kane. Sancho should have come on for Foden but he didn't even make the bench because Gareth doesn't like the Germans. :cry:

Out of the three however I think Foden should have been taken off last not first.

The point I was trying to make was Gareth's insane managerial decisions. It is almost like he has watched no league football in the build up for this and based everything on chance. Just remember his managerial experience is a 29% win percentage with Middlesbrough over a decade ago. For me it is so frustrating as for the first time in 15 years we have a group of players who can challenge for titles but it is all just going to get thrown away.

Last edited:
Foden was poor. Did absolutely nothing all game and was rightly subbed. Sterlings getting pelters but at least he actually did something.

If it were me next week if be replacing Mount with Grealish and putting Rashford left, Sterling right with Kane up front. Middle two would be Phillips and Henderson with Trippier rb and Shaw lb.

Foden was poor. Did absolutely nothing all game and was rightly subbed. Sterlings getting pelters but at least he actually did something.

If it were me next week if be replacing Mount with Grealish and putting Rashford left, Sterling right with Kane up front. Middle two would be Phillips and Henderson with Trippier rb and Shaw lb.
Eh? Mount was class and foden kept them chasing. Rashford isn't brilliant really is he.

Jesus christ thank god that's not the team, are you Scottish?

At least Stirling looked engaged in the game. Most of the players seemed more engaged and playing with purpose compared to previous years but Kane looked like a throw back to the fail England teams of the last few years - stagnant and disengaged.

Jesus christ thank god that's not the team, are you Scottish?

Whats wrong with it ? I should add that i am supporting Scotland this tournament lol.

Eh? Mount was class and foden kept them chasing. Rashford isn't brilliant really is he.

Other then an off target shot im struggling to think of anything Foden did. The game passed Mount by.

Last edited:
Reading this thread was more entertaining than the match.

Got to agree with that, I just read from post # 181 to # 356, and thought, “Christ, who needs Southgate when there are 10,000 England experts right here on OCUK?”
At least your team won, and I’m happy for you and my in-laws, but I have to wait until tomorrow to see if Les Bleus can hold back Germany in Munich.

Whats wrong with it ? I should add that i am supporting Scotland this tournament lol.

Other then an off target shot im struggling to think of anything Foden did. The game passed Mount by.

Hmm unsure of your analysis here. Thought Mount was decent, never stopped trying either, see him chasing down players/balls late in the game. One of our better forward players.

Foden faded pretty quickly but first half was good.

I assumed you were trying to sabotage the team by making it worse than it already is.
Henderson is not match fit, walker is better than Trippier and shouldn't be lb, he should even be rb as chillwell is better. Mount was good and should stay on, grealish should play but in place of Sterling who spends most of his time getting knocked off the ball, so much so he starves Kane of any good passes. Yes he scored but I feel that without him we wouldn't have made such had work of getting 1 goal and would have scored several more. Rashford is just boring and frankly I wouldn't even bring him on as a sub. He play for United and should smash in goals week in week out, yet he's massively out classed by Cavani who's 34 and nearly retired.

That team you described, Scotland would beat.

I assumed you were trying to sabotage the team by making it worse than it already is.
Henderson is not match fit, walker is better tha. Trippier and shouldn't be lb, mount was good and should stay on, grealish should play but in place of Sterling who spends most of his time getting knocked off the ball, so much so he starves Kane of any good passes. Yes he scored but I feel that without him we wouldn't have made such had work of getting 1 goal and would have scored several more. Rashford is just boring and frankly I wouldn't even bring him on as a sub. He play for United and should smash in goals week in week out, yet he's massively out classed by Cavani who's 34 and nearly retired.

You say Walker is better but he was awful yesterday. Rashford adds width which is something England massively lacked, he also plays as a wide forward, put Cavani there and see how he gets on.

So we play Grealish instead of the best attacking player on the pitch yesterday? Bizarre. Kane was poor yesterday, every other pass went to Croatia and he kept losing the ball yet somehow Sterling is to blame for that?

Because your to narrow viewed to see that one player doesn't make the team. When one guy keeps making all the runs and getting constantly dispossessed he might look like he's working hard but frankly he's just detrimental to the squad a whole. We need a stronger player to feed the like of Kane and Foden and Sterling isn't that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom