UEFA Euro 2024 Group C ** spoilers ** (Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, ENGLAND)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not being funny, but our half of the draw is more than enough of an opportunity to reach the final. If only Gareth has the sense to change the way we play and make the changes that everybody wants him to make, then I can see us going all of the way to the final. I'm hoping for it but can't see it happening. We will whimper out in the next round or quarter's against the Swiss or Italians.

Associate
Say one thing about Southgate - he gets amazing luck with tournament draws/results every time.

He really should start Palmer, Mainoo and Gordon but I doubt that he will.

Soldato
We need....(/sarcastic before you flame me)

Southgate for the qualifying, and the group stage, as we seem to be guaranteed a group win, with no real drama or jeopardy and a guaranteed easy draw every single time.

Then send him home and bring our actual manager in

Soldato
We need....(/sarcastic before you flame me)

Southgate for the qualifying, and the group stage, as we seem to be guaranteed a group win, with no real drama or jeopardy and a guaranteed easy draw every single time.

Then send him home and bring our actual manager in
Southgate only has a 16.6% win ratio against top 10 ranked sides.

Soldato
To prove stats can be misleading Southgate has the highest average goals at major tournaments over the last 6, which would lead you to believe he plays expansive and attacking football. :o Only Mancini with Italy had a higher average but that was only very few games.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, we have been extremely lucky with the draw. Will Gareth take advantage of this? (I doubt it)

I don't think it really matters who is in charge of England, we have always lost to the top 10 teams in knockout competitions.

Soldato
Say one thing about Southgate - he gets amazing luck with tournament draws/results every time.

He really should start Palmer, Mainoo and Gordon but I doubt that he will.

Palmer seems to have a play style that suits a very aggressive attacking team that take risks to get goals, i dont see that he suits this England team really

fez

fez

Caporegime
Palmer seems to have a play style that suits a very aggressive attacking team that take risks to get goals, i dont see that he suits this England team really

Thats exactly why we need him and Gordon. Because they don't suit the **** football Southgate wants to play. They actually inject some pace and urgency into the side and make us unpredictable and exciting.

Soldato
To prove stats can be misleading Southgate has the highest average goals at major tournaments over the last 6, which would lead you to believe he plays expansive and attacking football. :o Only Mancini with Italy had a higher average but that was only very few games.

That's insane, i can't think of many tournament games where we've scored >2

Soldato
You have to wonder if footballers have anything going on in their brains. Gordon has scraped himself up pretty good trying to ride a bike down a hill and take a picture at the same time...in the middle of a big international tournament.
And he seems like one of the brighter ones too…

Associate
You have to wonder if footballers have anything going on in their brains. Gordon has scraped himself up pretty good trying to ride a bike down a hill and take a picture at the same time...in the middle of a big international tournament.
It's a hell of a scab on his chin. Impressive. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom