UEFA Euro 2024 Group C ** spoilers ** (Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, ENGLAND)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly appears that Southgate doesn't know his best team and I thought Palmer did well when coming on, at least he created more, but against tiring players opportunities generally should crop up.

Against better opposition I think we'll come unstuck, whoever that is.
Yeah, Palmer looked lively. As did Gordon for his two minutes.

I actually think we'd be better against a team that stretches the play.

I may be kidding myself but it wouldn't be the first time :)

Last edited:
...When Portugal won it they got three draws in the group phase so there's that.

Precisely. When it comes down to it, all that will really count is the final score.

Imagine if you’d been working 2 jobs so you could save up 10k to go Germany and support England only to get served up this rubbish, I think the supporters have every right to show their dissatisfaction.

I went to support England in the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 where we finished bottom of the group. At that final game against Costa Rica I didn't see anybody (or feel an impetus myself to) start throwing stuff at the players at the final whistle when they came to thank the fans.

I think people need to get some perspective.

Last edited:
These results mean that England will play Slovakia in the next round, at 17:00 BST on Sunday.

After that, the winner of Switzerland v Italy.

Lucky with that, though it'll be another borefest I fear.

Last edited:
I know very little about football but it really appears the English side along with sone others are utterly disinterested in the game. Like there is just no interest between winning or drawing, good or bad.

(Source was forced to watch a couple matches)

The Southgate effect on a Champions League winner and La Liga Player of the Year. Outrageous.

If you’ve watched him this season you’d realise he’s been pretty poor for the past 3 months due to being comically overplayed early in the season by Ancelotti.

He’s clearly running on empty, I’m sure Southgate’s tactics aren’t helping but Jude flopping at the Euros was always very likely given his performance levels in recent months.

Dude needs a rest

Does southgate have shares in draw companies? Let's lose to Slovakia in pens in the worst game of all time and end this charade.

sxsnc3J.png

My two cents.. which is about all it's worth :)

Against these so called lesser teams, that play the low block .. it's very important to have wide players that can take on the full back.

What this does is draw the centre back and one of the midfiielders towards the "winger" so as to cover the full back if they get beaten.

So that even if they then do come inside, the centre back and midfielder have already made a move towards that side, so either a quick switch of play, or even playing through the middle after the wide player comes inside is more effective.

At the moment with England and two wide players that always come inside, it means there's no space in the middle of the park for players like Bellingham and Foden to do anything with the ball. So for the first 70 mins against Slovenia, the defensive players could stay disiplined and there was literally no way for England to get through.

On comes Palmer, and straight away takes on his full back. This completely changes the defensive positions of the opposition, it was not about them getting tired. (although they possibly were, if there were allowed to stay in their positions they can still easily hold the defensive block!).

BTW i'm not saying it has to be Palmer and or Gordon that does this, if Saka and Foden play, then must be instructed to go take on / go outside their full back at least half the time they get the ball

If we don't play wide players against Slovakia, then I expect we'll have exactly the same problems.

Simples.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom