UEFA Euro 2024 Round of 16 ** spoilers ** [29th June - 2nd July 2024]

Caporegime
Only change Mainoo in for Gallagher.

Southgate officially trolling everyone now.
That came across in his interview on Sky. Didn't want to disrupt an already free flowing team with too many changes and even though people think we're playing bad we're really actually playing good.

The FA have basically put Stevie Wonder in the pilots seat of a 747 and asked him to land the plane safety by employing Southgate.

Only cheer England will be getting from me tonight is if they lose and Southgate's sacked on live TV. He's destroyed any national pride I felt for International football.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He was always going to keep the same team aside from Mainoo. This is what he said yesterday -

"You're probably about five per cent off where you'd like to be. Therefore you've got to be very careful not to throw everything out the window, lose things you're doing well and lose continuity and the confidence that comes from players playing together and the understanding that comes with that. You have to ignore external advice and be assured in what you're doing. Equally, we've had some players who have come in and had a big impact from the bench."

I would understand this if the performances hadn't been as poor as they have been. The team don't look organised or settled in any way at all.

Still, it's a very gifted set of players so fingers crossed...

Soldato
Only change Mainoo in for Gallagher.

Southgate officially trolling everyone now.

6e6bc0bb-b2a5-40c6-9373-4dd2a594df33.png

Hopefully paint dries faster than usual today

I would have like to see Palmer on for Saka, or Gordon for Saka and swapped sides with Foden

Last edited:
Soldato
Southgate will say Mainoo will help us get through their high pressure.

What about, crazy thought, we play to our strengths with players from attacking teams playing attacking football, that do that every week, and let the opposition worry about our pressure?

Soldato
So what exactly is the change supposed to signify? Can't be for more of an attacking threat as 2nd half last game England's already dismal xg dropped off a cliff. Amazing what having the media on your side can achieve..

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom