UEFA Euro 2024 Round of 16 ** spoilers ** [29th June - 2nd July 2024]

Nope, players that good react and play as required.

I doubt your credentials. Have you have ever stepped in a professional sports arena, ever managed, ever played in an international event or anything even remotely close to it?
What credentials would they be?

E: Ok answer me this. If all of those players won all of those accolades playing in good teams with different managers, why when with Southgate do they perform so poorly?

I'm not adversed to having my opinion changed if it's valid.

Last edited:

E: Ok answer me this. If all of those players won all of those accolades playing in good teams with different managers, why when with Southgate do they perform so poorly?
I am doubting your ability to be a better manager Southgate, like 99.9% of people who seem to think they would do better.
So enlighten me.

I am doubting your ability to be a better manager Southgate, like 99.9% of people who seem to think they would do better.
So enlighten me.

The manager is critical in top level team sport. Southgate is universally recognised as a very limited manager.

We win in spite of him, never because of him - he cripples the players.

Because most of our best players all essentially want to play in the 10 space and to play intricate football. That works at City as the whole team is set up for it and train for years to do it - most players come into the City squad and struggle for their first year while they learn the system. Southgate is not as good a tactical manager as Pep, and even if he was he can't get such an intricate system going to fit all our 10s in his limited time with the players.

Most good international sides have width, pace, midfielders who can take the ball under pressure, and a solid defence. We lack wingers and press resistant midfielders. And even those we have, Southgate doesn't play as to his mind Foden, Bellingham and Kane have to start even though they all take the same space.

And before you mention Spain in the 2010s, that was a bit of a freak event as it was basically a team from two clubs.

Back
Top Bottom