UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

I know where you're coming from as everything have to be overly politically correct nowadays, but suggesting paralympics is a tad silly :p

What I can see happening though in a future series is the male and female categories being abolished, so to have all of the contenders and Glads bunched up together. This will be simply to pander to the gender police that makes up only 0.1% of the population. If you're a biological male (so bigger muscles, taller frame etc), then compete as a male. No 2-second head start for you on the Wall if you're a male but wanting to compete as a female. Knowing the BBC though...
If they were going to do that they'd have done it already.

As for knowing thr BBC. They didn't actually make and create or produce the show. They are just airing it. Produced by a third party production company.

The Gladiators probably won’t be allowed to be “enhanced” plus additional health and safety wokeness will probably weaken it somewhat

I’ll still give it a go though
Some of them are bodybuilders and are probably 'enhanced' as you say.

I think they were never allowed to be enhanced though!

I know where you're coming from as everything have to be overly politically correct nowadays, but suggesting paralympics is a tad silly :p

What I can see happening though in a future series is the male and female categories being abolished, so to have all of the contenders and Glads bunched up together. This will be simply to pander to the gender police that makes up only 0.1% of the population. If you're a biological male (so bigger muscles, taller frame etc), then compete as a male. No 2-second head start for you on the Wall if you're a male but wanting to compete as a female. Knowing the BBC though...
Well I didnt expect this level of comedy in this thread... thanks for making my thursday morning a good laugh!

I checked the TV listings and it's on at 17:50. So not just the wrong time of the year but also the wrong time of the day. I think the BBC is showing the Glads under duress, so they're deliberately killing it to make sure they don't get a 2nd series in their schedule.

I checked the TV listings and it's on at 17:50. So not just the wrong time of the year but also the wrong time of the day. I think the BBC is showing the Glads under duress, so they're deliberately killing it to make sure they don't get a 2nd series in their schedule.
What exactly is wrong with just before 6pm?

Sounds like the perfect time to me. As for wrong time of the year, there isn't much else on to watch so it should do well.

What exactly is wrong with just before 6pm?

Sounds like the perfect time to me. As for wrong time of the year, there isn't much else on to watch so it should do well.
Yep, isn’t that when the OG show was on (roughly)? It’s designed to appeal to kids as much as anyone so good time for them.

Yep, isn’t that when the OG show was on (roughly)? It’s designed to appeal to kids as much as anyone so good time for them.
Indeed. iirc it was on at 17:45 on ITV on Saturday's. That used to be peak viewing hours back in the day! Now I know BBC at least put their top performing shows in a slightly later slot (Strictly, Doctor Who etc).

Anyway, despite the equal amounts of complaining about lack of info, and then complaining about the new info by the OP, i'm suddenly interested! Will have to hope someone uploads it to YT or something so I can watch it in Spain (no Iplayer :()

rp2000

Okies, my bad fellas. I thought the old start time was 18:45, so to bring it closer to Noel's House Party and other prime-time but must had remembered it wrong. I've checked some historic records tonight and they were for the most part 18:15 when it was on ITV.

I still stand by my earlier posts that the Beeb was cagey on release info and how late they left it in the end.

2 days to go, so let's see what we make of it then.

Okies, my bad fellas. I thought the old start time was 18:45, so to bring it closer to Noel's House Party and other prime-time but must had remembered it wrong. I've checked some historic records tonight and they were for the most part 18:15 when it was on ITV.

I still stand by my earlier posts that the Beeb was cagey on release info and how late they left it in the end.

2 days to go, so let's see what we make of it then.
Most tv shows only have airdates and times confirmed in the 1-2 weeks before broadcast.

I just so happy they've decided to use the original theme tune this time.

I met the Gladiators from the 2000s Sky reboot. They were all lovely and I got to play duel with one of them.

Agreed - great to have the original theme back. They're using the familiar version of the triangular-G symbol as well. I was only aware that a 2008/9 reboot existed last year and the branding / format seemed pretty different.

Which Gladiator did you fancy and which one catches your eye from the new line-up? :p

I fancied Phoenix but she was relatively unknown as she was only in the 1992 season. For the new Glads, I was going to say Dynamite but I later heard on this thread that she's only 20!

Agreed - great to have the original theme back. They're using the familiar version of the triangular-G symbol as well. I was only aware that a 2008/9 reboot existed last year and the branding / format seemed pretty different.

I fancied Phoenix but she was relatively unknown as she was only in the 1992 season. For the new Glads, I was going to say Dynamite but I later heard on this thread that she's only 20!
Diamond and sabre for me in this series.

Back
Top Bottom