UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

The internet is still being cagey on a start date on TV :mad: If it was 1995, it would have already started by now because I remember being in 6th form and I saw at least 1 episode by now if I wasn't going out.

zoMVReh.png

I've no doubt the difference from old to new Gladiators will be like watching Takeshi's castle and then Wipeout. In today's BBC i just can't see it being any good. But then i don't have TV so i guess i'll never know

The start date is apparently 13th January. I'm disappointed on 3 fronts. Firstly, because there are still no official sources on this and yet somehow Wikipedia knows when it is. Secondly, we only knew the week before the start date when it's airing. Thirdly, because it didn't air in its autumn slot like when it originally aired in 1992-1999. Hell, even the Wikipedia article that I linked 2 posts up in post #25 still says "Gladiators (2023 British TV series)" but when you click on it now, it redirects your browser to a 2024 page.

I know, moan moan moan, but I liked the original show and I think the "BBCCP" is going to turn this franchise into damaged goods.

lbeKbru.png

Still no news on the wider internet, but the Wikipedia article has done a drip-feed to say that the showing will now be in the first quarter of 2024. That's the wrong time of the year as it was always in the Autumn!

I don't care that much, but your moaning in this thread with only wikipedia as your source of info annoyed me enough to reply :p

On digitalspy (I guess a big UK media website?) I saw 2 articles about the show in the last few weeks.

which lead to this:

I liked the 90's show as much as the next man, (in fact my P.E. teacher was one of the gladiators, for like 1 season), but I doubt this type of thing has aged well and none of them are gonna be as hot as Jet was anyway :p

rp2000

Thanks @rp2000 :p

My sources for TV updates were IMDB and TheTVDB, and generally speaking Google (which kept bringing up that Wiki page). I will add Digital Spy to my rotation though. I knew the name but it never occurred to me from its name that it was a TV source.

As for TV as a medium itself though, I left home in 1998 for uni without a TV and got used to not having one. Then it was only 18 months ago, some 25 years later when I finally got myself a TV, so I'm still trying to catch up with the old/new series and reboots.

Which Glad was your PE teacher?

Thanks @rp2000 :p

My sources for TV updates were IMDB and TheTVDB, and generally speaking Google (which kept bringing up that Wiki page). I will add Digital Spy to my rotation though. I knew the name but it never occurred to me from its name that it was a TV source.

As for TV as a medium itself though, I left home in 1998 for uni without a TV and got used to not having one. Then it was only 18 months ago, some 25 years later when I finally got myself a TV, so I'm still trying to catch up with the old/new series and reboots.

Which Glad was your PE teacher?
Raider. I doubt most people remember him as he came in later on, possibly only for 1 season.

rp2000

It will be one of those things you get all excited about watching then wondering was it this bad back in the day or did I imagine it was much better.

Does anyone ever remember a guy going toe to toe with the gladiators, a britains strongest man contender Roland Hill, he had a huge lead but could not do the travelator at the end. He’s a plumber that lives a few streets away from me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom